• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Now don't get yourself in trouble with the park Temleh!
The base might fit, but there would not be the space to swing the thing.
And don't sit me next to dippy if they do build one!

There might be enough space to swing it but it would be guaranteed to be turned down :D

I’d guess this year it’ll be a seating area?

...or a Larson Superloop..
If they did that, they could do a Six Flags and call it a loop coaster.

They could even do a Towers by adding some fire effects and calling it "the world's first rollercoaster experience to fuse loops and fire"...

A Giant Discovery is hardly unique or special though, also it would be replacing one of the most thrilling coasters around with a flat ride.

It isn’t, but I think something like that is a million times more likely than a coaster of any sort in the next few years. Of course, I’d imagine that short-term aesthetics are high on the agenda and some world class benches and potted plants are already on order.

The Zamperla Giant Discoveries are excellent. The one at Tusenfryd (granted, its brilliance is in part due to its hillside location) is the best flat ride I've ever been on. And run properly they can have a pretty good throughput too.

Reactions: Dan
How dare they work towards making people safer? Damn them to hell!
There's making people safer and these's going way too far with it!

I'm not against health and safety in principle in order to keep people safe but it's gone way too far and it's actually starting to harm what makes amusement parks and fairgrounds fun in my opinion.

Last edited:
Fine, if people want a coaster to replace Mouse then a Vekoma Boomerang it is!

...or a Larson Superloop..

I'd settle for a Vekoma Boomerang over a flat ride, especially with on-board audio!

I think the fountain area will get a major overhaul, new indoor and outdoor catering, I think the new ride in the area will replace the Bowl-A-Drome.

I'd be disappointed if they got a Discovery, but only because I can't ride them due to girth and nausea!

I'd settle for a Vekoma Boomerang over a flat ride, especially with on-board audio!

I think the fountain area will get a major overhaul, new indoor and outdoor catering, I think the new ride in the area will replace the Bowl-A-Drome.
Cannae be dealing wae a flat ride ... Needs something more exciting I agree bowladrome needs Tae go.

Sent from my Ektra using Tapatalk

There isn't any replacement for Mouse that would be anywhere as unique, thrilling, or historically significant. A boomerang would be a clone, and also would be redundant as we already have Revolution. A flat ride would be... well, a flat ride.

Progress? Yeah, right.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.