• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I remember she came into our primary school sometime around 1994 to do an assembly, can't remember anything about it but assuming it was something to do with PMBO or a local business thing.

Sorted :p

maxresdefault.jpg

Stargate is "so bad it's good" for me. Though I must admit that as I've got older and heavier, the brusing on my shoulders after riding it gets worse.
I can see why they only ever built two of them... and making the second one seated rather than standup did nothing to ease the pain!

Back on topic, no flat ride, regardless of how good it is, is ever going to be a worthy replacement. And modern steel mice - *spit* - have a footprint that must be about three times the size of Mouse.

I wonder, those of you who use No Limits, what would happen if you attempted to make a modern steel clone of the exact track layout of the old Mouse... but maybe with a vertical lift (or maybe even an elevator?) to solve the "duck now or loose your head!" issue that the old one had? That could free up a short stretch of track at ground level between the station and the lift to do... something with.

Of course, it would still be a steel mouse and would therefore suck. I think it would still need to have tiny one person cars rather than four seaters.

To be fair, a replacement is inevitable. The only question is, will it be a worthy one?
No. I don't care what they build frankly, it'll be a generic flat ride or coaster type that is available all across the world, and won't have a patch on the Wild Mouse.

This image has been posted on a BPB history Facebook group.

39655721571_398905094b_b.jpg

* Image does NOT belong to me

Horrendous :(

can we have some time to grieve without having to talk about replacing the mouse as if the ride meant nothing :sob::sob::sob:

Speculating about a new ride helps to numb the pain !

Personally I would love them to build a new woodie. It would get them the most wooden coaster record back and would go some way to redeeming the parks woeful decision to demolish the best coaster in the UK.

But I realise that is highly unlikely.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not entirely sure how they can make that area look better by the time Icon opens. Maybe they can borrow some walls from Merlin?

It does give you an idea of the amount of space the park could have to work with for future development though.

Actually Blackpool is one of the few UK parks I've always had a cracking time at (to a lesser extent, Mingerland, but only when copious quantities of booze are involved). The summer BPB meet is one of the highlights of this forum as far as I'm concerned.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.