• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
2 things;

. Trauma Towers went a few weeks before Mouse.

. Something happened on the Mouse in August that made the ride uninsurable. No insurance, no ride and that’s that.

If "something" caused the mouse to be uninsurable, how are those fountains allowed to remain after what they did to that poor girl? Some details of this incident may help.

2 things;

. Trauma Towers went a few weeks before Mouse.

. Something happened on the Mouse in August that made the ride uninsurable. No insurance, no ride and that’s that.
Yep! and PB tried and tried and tried to insure it and just could't in the end.

So Its the insurance company that should be getting flack for this not PB.

Blackpool allowed it to get in a bad state, and Blackpool chose to demolish it. They've managed to keep Supper going for much longer, even after the crash, they could have saved Mouse. That picture a few days ago of the track having a hole in, that didn't happen over night, and they could if they wanted to replace the track. The decision is on Blackpool, anything else is just making excuses for them.

...And just to be absolutely clear...my customer who just happens to be a retired Lancashire senior H&S inspector, and used to do Camelot inspections, said that he had heard the same gossip as me, via a different set of jungle drums to me, that H&S were happy for the ride to run after the incident reported on tripe advisor at the end of August.
The ride ran through August pretty well I think, closed through September with a plan to reopen, then I heard on Friday 13th October that it was pretty much gone.
It will all be looking nice and tidy by opening day I'm sure, but some of the rides will struggle due to the winter closure, salt and wind.
And people will come on here and grumble about it, cos they can't do it on Scott's site any more.

Can someone post this TA review? Since it keeps getting mentioned...

Also ITK people being aloof... It's gone, it ain't going to be a problem to say reasonings behind it now...

Also blaming HSE is so Daily Fail...

Can someone post this TA review? Since it keeps getting mentioned...

Also ITK people being aloof... It's gone, it ain't going to be a problem to say reasonings behind it now...

Also blaming HSE is so Daily Fail...

I'm not sure it is still on there. I'm not a fan of TA, in fact just now is probably the second time ever I've looked at that site. Its entertaining in places but after reading some numpty's rant on virtually everything about the park, including, incredibly, the line "The big one is a death trap, far too steep a drop" I wanted to throw the computer through the window.

Something happened on the Mouse in August that made the ride uninsurable. No insurance, no ride and that’s that.

All this talk about the mouse being un-insurable.

I might be wrong, but I would have thought that the whole park would have one public liability insurance policy to cover the whole park as one as oppose to individually insure each individual attraction?

On another note, they have gone to such effort over recent years to make the park look more modern, vibrant and appealing, I can't imagine that they'd leave the plaza in this sort of state for the entire season.

Maybe it looks not as bad from ground level?

I might be wrong, but I would have thought that the whole park would have one public liability insurance policy to cover the whole park as one as oppose to individually insure each individual attraction?

No real idea, I don’t think anything is “uninsurable” but the premiums could become prohibitive and I’m sure the insurers would consider all the rides when deciding a price.

I’m not convinced on the insurance excuse though, seems too convenient.

On another note, they have gone to such effort over recent years to make the park look more modern, vibrant and appealing, I can't imagine that they'd leave the plaza in this sort of state for the entire season.

Cut them some slack, its not open for a month. I'm sure the area will be presentable by then

I agree with Rob's idea of opening a temporary merch shop on the Mouse land, selling mainly parts etc from the ride, presuming some were kept to sell on anyway. I wonder if any actually were kept or if they were so desperate to get shut of it in the end that nothing was spared.

Well I have cancelled my hotel for the opening weekend. Simply cannot face going to the park at the moment and don't want to give them any of my money either.

Some may think this is being dramatic, but just the way I feel about the place at the moment
I genuinely believe others will also do the same / visit less than planned this year.

You can see the game stall outlet which was next to Trauma has now had cladding added to the newly exposed side of it to hide the undesirable. It is another month to go but I can’t imagine them putting anything other than tables and chairs there.

Maybe the inflatable stage will go there for this season

Well I have cancelled my hotel for the opening weekend. Simply cannot face going to the park at the moment and don't want to give them any of my money either.

Some may think this is being dramatic, but just the way I feel about the place at the moment
Well, you might as well wait until Icon opens; that'll cheer you up! :)

I have only seen the contents of one such policy and it was for all attractions in a park, but did have some exceptions on it that were not covered (in this case, a SCAD tower).

I suspect rides could be listed like named drivers or vehicles - there would have to be a scope for the policy or you could (in theory) introduce twice the number of rides doubling the likelihood of a claim.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.