• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
No. I don't care what they build frankly, it'll be a generic flat ride or coaster type that is available all across the world, and won't have a patch on the Wild Mouse.

This image has been posted on a BPB history Facebook group.

39655721571_398905094b_b.jpg

* Image does NOT belong to me

Horrendous :(

That aerial picture is truly vile. I don’t mind Trauma Towers going, but really, Wild Mouse? I can hardly believe my eyes. That Ghost Train side wall without mice hurtling towards it before a sharp 90 degree turn just is not right

Well I have cancelled my hotel for the opening weekend. Simply cannot face going to the park at the moment and don't want to give them any of my money either.

Some may think this is being dramatic, but just the way I feel about the place at the moment
Thats fine just don't blame the park for the removle as it's not there fault.

Okay, wow, they've got more free space than I thought there! The whole are looks dreadful at the moment though, one would hope it will be tidied and be made to look presentable before the park re-opens.

:)

Why wouldn’t we expect it to last? As we’ve established, parts are replaceable & the double seatbelt mod was approved.
But it was sat doing nothing except visibly rotting from August until November.

Maybe rotting is the wrong word, but it wasn't really being looked after.

o_O

Ermmm, what evidence is there to blame the HSE? Apologies if I have missed something!

:)
I can't prove it but based on what PB where doing to it last season it would't surprise me at all.
It's obvious PB where trying like hell to keep the ride going hence why they added the Mag brakes on the final brake run last winter and when it was shut in September an seacond seat belt was added to each car.

If PB did't want to at least try to keep the ride going they would't have spend a lot of money on the mag brakes.

That was a reaction to an major incident, very different circumstances
You're right there, although as we know Mouse did have the minor seat belt incident so who knows if HSE got involved at all.

I guess at the end of the day, we will never know for sure what went on in the run up to the decision to remove the Mouse, so despite my dissapointment, I can't really be angry at anyone or any organisation without having the solid facts and information.

Was trauma towers planned to be removed? Just happened to have contractors in the same area that could remove more!
Seriously the photo just proves what a small footprint the mouse was on.

Again, that's an example of the HSE being reactive rather than proactive when it comes to theme parks.

As for the photo, that area of the park now looks extremely bare, almost like a failed park that's being demolished rather than a key pathway in a park building a major new coaster

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.