• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I totally understand rewarding people for renewing or buying their pass in August. That's fair enough and nobody can argue with that. Although I think asking for £180 now is just daft. You can book almost 8 trips for that amount with the early booking online discount. Maybe they don't want to shift too many of them. It makes the MAP seem really cheap now it's that price.

I reckon Coasters v2.0 is going to get a balcony overlooking the Immelmann. Looks like that wall facing onto Icon might have full height glazing.

It'd be great if Coasters/whatever it's going to be called now overlooked Icon, could be called "The Iconic."

I hope it isn't being turned into a coffee shop or champagne lounge, the park is in need of more sit down restaurants not less!

I totally understand rewarding people for renewing or buying their pass in August. That's fair enough and nobody can argue with that. Although I think asking for £180 now is just daft. You can book almost 8 trips for that amount with the early booking online discount. Maybe they don't want to shift too many of them. It makes the MAP seem really cheap now it's that price.

£80 renewal price in August was a great offer, I had absolutely no issue renewing mine that early at such a low price.

It'd be great if Coasters/whatever it's going to be called now overlooked Icon, could be called "The Iconic."

I hope it isn't being turned into a coffee shop or champagne lounge, the park is in need of more sit down restaurants not less!

It's going to be a newly refurbished sit down restaurant and hopefully have some great views out to Icon.

They usually have offers varying from £80-£120 around Sept-Dec, a few years ago they had an offer in January I think, and at one point they had a "Upgrade your wristband for £75" early in the season.

Annoyingly I missed all the offers so had to pay full price for the first time (not had a season pass for the last couple of seasons and was planning to just go a few times once Icon opened, then changed my mind when it was too late for the offer). Still I'm planning on way more than 8 visits so even at full price it's cheaper than in advance wristbands each time, and I don't have to plan in advance...

In the video it looks like Coasters has either been flattened and rebuilt or at least heavily refurbed so like everyone else hoping that it stays as an indoor eatery similar to what was there before, on events where our lunch has been at Coasters I've always enjoyed it.

Was thinking last night having seen that overhead video whether if they removed FY4 (putting the food stalls elsewhere) whether that area could be turned into an entrance Plaza going through the gates with the fountains in front of you.

Cue a new season, cue another round of Season Pass benefits. In years past this has always been a farce in its administration with mixed messages and a total lack of staff training.

Having said that there are a couple of notable inclusions this year. Those being discounts on meal deals and merchandise of 10% (even though these have apparently been benefits in previous seasons).

https://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/season-pass/

Cue a new season, cue another round of Season Pass benefits. In years past this has always been a farce in its administration with mixed messages and a total lack of staff training.

Having said that there are a couple of notable inclusions this year. Those being discounts on meal deals and merchandise of 10% (even though these have apparently been benefits in previous seasons).

I can see lots of arguments with staff coming up as they claim to know nothing about the discounts. All part of the fun!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I can see lots of arguments with staff coming up as they claim to know nothing about the discounts. All part of the fun!

I never understood why they made such hard work of it. All they have to do is stick a laminated sheet up next to each till telling the staff what the discount is.

I like this one:

10% OFF Meal Deals (Show your Platinum Pass to redeem) On Park Catering Units – Exc. Burger King, Madam Crevettes, Oyster Bar, Arena, Costa, Krispy Kreme, Champagne Lounge and Fish & Chips.

Does that actually leave anywhere where the discount DOES apply? Perhaps FY4. Any others? Its gonna be boring eating at FY4 with no Wild Mouse to watch

I like this one:

10% OFF Meal Deals (Show your Platinum Pass to redeem) On Park Catering Units – Exc. Burger King, Madam Crevettes, Oyster Bar, Arena, Costa, Krispy Kreme, Champagne Lounge and Fish & Chips.

Does that actually leave anywhere where the discount DOES apply? Perhaps FY4. Any others? Its gonna be boring eating at FY4 with no Wild Mouse to watch
I think it's... FY4, Infusion, and the burger place near Ghost Train. No idea why they exclude fish and chips though...

I think it's... FY4, Infusion, and the burger place near Ghost Train. No idea why they exclude fish and chips though...

When it said "and Fish & Chips" I wasn't sure if that was the actual name of an outlet, say one of the Infusion huts? Is this the case or do they mean 'fish and chips' as in, you can't get discount on said meal anywhere in the park?

So of all the catering outlets on the park, we get 10% discount at just 3, and then only on a 'meal deal' and then we can't use it on fish & chips anyway? So we have a choice between Infusion (seagulls), FY4 (seagulls and no longer Mouse to watch) and Ghost Train (wonky tables right next to toilets). Great!

I never understood why they made such hard work of it. All they have to do is stick a laminated sheet up next to each till telling the staff what the discount is.

Yes, it really should be this simple. We shouldn't have to fight over a benefit we're told we're entitled to because some people don't know about it.

When it said "and Fish & Chips" I wasn't sure if that was the actual name of an outlet, say one of the Infusion huts? Is this the case or do they mean 'fish and chips' as in, you can't get discount on said meal anywhere in the park?

So of all the catering outlets on the park, we get 10% discount at just 3, and then only on a 'meal deal' and then we can't use it on fish & chips anyway? So we have a choice between Infusion (seagulls), FY4 (seagulls and no longer Mouse to watch) and Ghost Train (wonky tables right next to toilets). Great!
Don't know, I would have thought if they meant a specific outlet it'd be Plaice or whatever it's called, in between the ark and Ice Blast, as it's nice and indoors unlike the Infusion fish&chips.

So of all the catering outlets on the park, we get 10% discount at just 3, and then only on a 'meal deal' and then we can't use it on fish & chips anyway? So we have a choice between Infusion (seagulls), FY4 (seagulls and no longer Mouse to watch) and Ghost Train (seagulls and rubbish on floor with wonky tables right next to toilets). Great!

Corrected that.

I’d rather leave the park and go McDonald’s

Corrected that.

I’d rather leave the park and go McDonald’s

It is very quick & easy to wander up to Velvet Coaster & not miss too much riding time. That said, some days you (well, I) just gotta have a BK as Steeplechase horses rattle by and Skyforce pilots spin themselves silly

I don't think it's a bad food discount. Looks like you can use pizza kitchen and the sandwich shop under flying machines plus fy4, barbeque and all the Infusion outlets (apart from fish and chips).

Can't use it on drinks though.

Better than nothing.

A parking discount would have been nice.

Last edited:
If they had a consistent and easy to understand discount for food and merchandise they could do a Merlin and use the publicising of the discount to push the Season Passes.

Then again, anything that separates them from Merlin might not be that bad a thing.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.