• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Does that mean you can use the 10% discount at Big Pizza Kitchen?

Regarding staff being unaware of the season pass discount, this has to change. It is atrocious that, in previous years, BPB have advertised benefits that we have then been unable to use due to inadequate staff training.

The intention seems to be that the discount applies to the meal deals you can get at the ‘to go’ outlets. Like FY4 burgers and chicken where you add £2+ to make it a meal deal, I.e. add chips and a drink. This pricing structure doesn’t exist at BPK so it’s doubtful it’s intended to be used here. However, with the patchy implementation in previous years, who knows.

It does beg the question, why does it need to be so convoluted? Can a blanket 10% discount not just be applied to all park run food outlets? Then it’s simpler to explain to both staff and pass holders and should in turn be easier to implement.

The worst thing isn't the frontline staff not knowing about the discounts, it's when they ring their managers and they also don't know! The ultimate is when you are showing the managers their own website with the discounts listed and they still refuse :p

So it’s not just me then. To be fair I did eventually get it sorted out, but this situation is all sorts of bad in a park which has otherwise improved the guest experience over the last few years.

I find the current situation on obtaining these benefits to be embarrassing, frustrating and farcical. It’s gotten to the point where I generally don’t bother. What the benefits should do is make you feel like a more valued customer or dare I say ‘a bit special’. After the inevitable fiasco though, you’re more likely to left feeling aggravated, discredited and undermined. This is surely not the intention, but it happens all the time and it needs sorting.

Same complaint...different site.
This was a constantly recurring issue on the old CPBE site, and I got shot down for saying "same every flipping year"...
So...SAME EVERY FLIPPING YEAR.

Also...can't put it across the park, a number of the food sites, including my precious Mme Crevettes, are run as concessions, not by the park.

I believe the 10% off merch (or ‘retail’ as stated on the current pass benefits list) wasn’t properly communicated out to staff last season. I think some got it whilst others didn’t. I didn’t get a penny off it myself and spent a fair bit under Flying Machines.

It does say that the only exclusions from this are ‘Icon and Show merch’ so anyone who buys anything the discount should apply to on opening weekend let us know how it goes.

Anyone been to pick their season pass up? Felt like a lot of effort for little reward.

I'm really regretting not getting one now when they were dead cheap. I refuse to pay £189. I will probably only go 4 or 5 times max anyway most likely due to work and family commitments so as long as I take advantage of early booking i'm not losing out really. £80 is an absolute bargain tbf but then AT have one at £55 (with restrictions) to ride a better quality of coasters so that's not too bad either.

Really

I would obviously swap nemesis for Infusion but that's about it I reckon.

Each to their own!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I prefer Blackpool as a park overall and it is my local one really being from Manchester. However I'd take the 3 B&M's any day over any of Blackpool's coasters, not including the not yet open ICON. Smiler again apart from the very last rough section is a good way better than the BigOne for example.

But it is opinions of course it is. I love both parks to be honest and I will be there at both plenty this year.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.