• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
RE Speedy Pass, yesterday they weren't selling much as the park was quite quiet. I queued from just at the top of the ramp inside the building for Nickelodeon Streak and it took between 10 and 15 minutes to get on, whereas in August last year queueing from the exact same point took 70 minutes. That's what Speedy Pass does.

That is really poor. Speedy passers adding one hour to the queue of a ride. But I suppose if they’re weren’t in the SP queue then they’d be in the main queue anyway thus making that 70 mins long. I’m with Rob, I don’t think BPB is geared towards SP anyway, but especially on one train operation coasters.

In Portaventura last summer, and I know the queue board times there are to be taken with a pinch of salt anyway, went on Stampida as queue was shown as 10 mins I think. Ended up waiting way longer and as we neared the front, it became clear that they were filling up virtually a whole train of Speedy passers at a time, which was making the main queue move very slowly. Tried to explain the concept to the kids and even they were somewhat appalled by the idea that some people have priority over you because they’ve paid more to get in.

Anyway, Streak to me is an ok ride that I will do when walk on only. I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole on a busy day. Not worth queuing for personally when there are two other woodies on the park that are better and have (at times) two train operation.

It's unfortunate that now that Wild Mouse is gone, there is no rollercoaster I truly enjoy at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

Until Icon opens, no doubt.

So - I will wait till it does.

I still love Dipper & Nash but I will really really miss the Mouse.

One of the many things I loved about Wild Mouse was the fact that as soon as you were on board & the belt clipped in, the rodent was off like a rat up a drainpipe. With every other woodie you invariably are waiting for the train to fill up before it leaves the station. Repeat riding Mouse on a quiet day was incredible. Straight back up the ramp, into the mouse & off. It was good while it lasted

Managed to do the Streak early yesterday...walk on front seat, I got to drive.

It was also walk on by 3pm - as was every other ride in nick land. (probably down to the weather more than anything). I just managed to get the restraint to fasten on Krusty Krabb with a squeeze (Too many layers - not too many pies!!)

Speedypass should not be used on rides on single train operation.

One of the most sensible things you have ever suggested. Well apart from "What are you drinking?" which is my personal favourite!

Nothing worse than the big one on one train and speedypass turning it into half a train.

Nothing worse than the big one on one train and speedypass turning it into half a train.
The standard Speedy Pass is a better implementation than some in the sense that they do manage the queue times so in your analogy above, the train might be ‘half full’ but the queue is actually twice as long as it appears physically because people are queuing virtually.

Anecdotally I know the take up of the mid and premium options is not huge and it’s not supposed to be, hence the price.

That said, I am not really opposed to virtual queuing or paid queue jumping. It’s enhanced days for me at parks all over the place no end, it just stings a bit at your home park - I understand the frustration.

No but the mechanism is knackered. Hopefully it’ll move one day but I’m just glad to finally see it in place.

Hopefully! Thats just frustrating.:mad:
At least when the Oger was refurbished they went all the way with it.

Maybe later in the season?

And it looks like the Slimer is still out of action.

Hopefully! Thats just frustrating.:mad:
At least when the Oger was refurbished they went all the way with it.

Maybe later in the season?

And it looks like the Slimer is still out of action.

The mechanisms are very old and would probably require half of the facade to come down to repair them properly. I'm sure we can expect everything to be working (and maybe even a few surprises) come summer.

Noticed on the new map Coasters was still listed and as opening soon, so it seems there just redoing the building and menu. Also the outside terrace will have great views of Icon and Dipper.

...but only if you stand in the corner and lean out a bit!
The new balcony is not as large as I thought it would be, there isn't the space at that level.

Would've been even better if they'd dropped the station a couple of foot and put the terrace on the roof

...but only if you stand in the corner and lean out a bit!
The new balcony is not as large as I thought it would be, there isn't the space at that level.

I thought that. Most people are going to be looking at the side of the station building rather than the track from that terrace.

I did see there’s a new set of stairs down to where the toilets used to be. Hopefully this means they will reopen and we can avoid the need to scarper across to Bowladrome toilets after a beer or two.

The mechanisms are very old and would probably require half of the facade to come down to repair them properly.

Funny you mention that as in the 2014 closed seson the celling was redone and the mechanism for the Slimer had been restored

What I find really odd is all thought out 2015 the slimer mechanism work fine(or at least all the time that I rode the ghost train it worked.

Yet by the next season by the time the slimer was put back it worked for a short while but some time in the summer of that year it broke and stayed that way for the rest of 2016, then they got it working again last season for a short time and once again it broke and stayed that way for the rest or last season:confused1:

I can't under stand it!
What went wrong two years ago and last year?

I'm sure we can expect everything to be working (and maybe even a few surprises) come summer.
I hope your right! with this being the biggist season since 1994 it dame well should.

I remember Rob666 telling me that he had heard the sckull on the ghost train was getting his jew moving again and some red LEDs in the eye sockets, I would be over the moon to see that again!:smile:

Last edited:
There’s a new email from BPB floating around with details including;

Free ride tickets for toddlers (accompanied by a wristband holder)
Free wristband delivery for peak day wristbands
A confirmation that the new Coasters will serve Mexican food with a nice CGI of the refurbished restaurant
Details on some new food options available, including Yorkshire pudding wraps and sweet potato fries

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.