• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I know a lot of people complain about Towers' operations - and rightfully so given recent shambles - but you'd never see them pulling something like this.

Edit: They closed 2hrs earlier than advertised? Ridiculous.

Last edited:
I believe ride close was originally advertised for 7pm, so closing not just one but two hours earlier is bad. Very bad.

The closing time on the website has now changed but given the proportion of guests who will have bought their wristbands in advance, driven by BPB’s own pricing policy, this is pretty scandalous. Given all the good things they are doing, this is even more ridiculous.

Are they expecting the people that they duped out of two hours riding today to return later in the season? And sorry, I’m not buying the ‘it was quiet’ line - you can’t close earlier than your own ‘earliest closing time’.

As one of the Beaches happiest clappers, I must say this is very poor.
Bank Holiday Monday, closing two hours before earliest close time, not really on.
Don't care what the terms and conditions say, don't care what the punter level was, because there would have been some punters turning up early afternoon expecting five hours on the park.
Open the stated hours, or change the website to probable closing time, one or the other.

Open the stated hours, or change the website to probable closing time, one or the other.

I’m not even sure a probable closing time would work. People want to know a definitive opening and closing time. If it were an estimated closing time people would still plan around those estimated times and you’d still have a similar situation.

I think if you’re in the attraction industry you need to commit to opening hours. Anything else is a cop out. It’s otherwise bad service, bad business and bad sport.

I would even guess that it may be unlawful - surely you can’t sell what is essentially a certain number of hours of entertainment, only to curtail it significantly at very short notice.

I expect everyone in the park today would be entitled to a full refund, and indeed should be automatically sent one. Somehow doubt that will happen though, and they will only issue return tickets which for people travelling long distances isn't really adequate compensation.

Shoddy, very shoddy indeed, and a blatant two fingered salute to the paying public.

I keep getting told I should visit at quite times (because I have the audacity to suggest that ride operations aren't always at their best at busier periods)

Hahaha!

So I turn up at a so called quite time and get robbed of a quarter of the day. Yeah of course I will take that one laying down.

I was at BPB yesterday and left early as there were a lot of Travellers in park and the Security team were very evident. Not sure if early closing was driven by this or if people left early to avoid any ishoooos later in the day? To be fair I didn't see any bother but as a female on my own on park I didn't feel like I wanted to hang around after I'd done a couple of rides

I was at BPB yesterday and left early as there were a lot of Travellers in park and the Security team were very evident. Not sure if early closing was driven by this or if people left early to avoid any ishoooos later in the day? To be fair I didn't see any bother but as a female on my own on park I didn't feel like I wanted to hang around after I'd done a couple of rides
Maybe the travellers heard about Wicker Man's reliability and migrated north instead ? :p

This shambles is very dissapointing to see at a time when the park is doing so many things right.

I really was trying to see the good in the place, but I take back anything positive I said the other day, they closed TWO HOURS earlier than the advertised time today!

An absoloute disgrace to paying guests, and as season pass holders nothing is given to rectify the situation (priority passes do not cut it!). We'd planned around the advertised 7pm closing time so visted the Tower attractions in the morning, only to head up to BPB for the afternoon to find it closing at 5pm.

In addition their "world's best dark ride" is still horribly treated and broken, got zero fire on it yesterday.

And they demolished Wild Mouse.

**** them.

How much money does it save kicking people out 2 hours early?

Presumably the staff will still have to be paid up to their planned working finish time?

They will save on power costs but lose some on food/drink revenue. And then lose some more from refunding disgruntalled guests.

The park is clearly up against it financially so I suppose they will do anything to save money where they can but it's a poor strategy in my opinion.

I suspect if the park had been making big profits over the past few years we would also still have a wild mouse to ride.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

How much money does it save kicking people out 2 hours early?

Presumably the staff will still have to be paid up to their planned working finish time?

They will save on power costs but lose some on food/drink revenue. And then lose some more from refunding disgruntalled guests.

The park is clearly up against it financially so I suppose they will do anything to save money where they can but it's a poor strategy in my opinion.

I suspect if the park had been making big profits over the past few years we would also still have a wild mouse to ride.
Pleasure Beach feels very stripped back to me this year, the buzz is completely gone IMO.

I blame weak marketing as one reason for the lack of visitors, they have missed out on so many opportunities over the past few wees;

- No social media posts to announce the Icon soundtrack release
- No noise made about new Coasters restaurant opening
- Hardly anything done to attract guests over Easter
- Lack of hype-building on Icon in recent weeks

I do worry about the success of Icon with such a weak marketing strategy.

Instances such as closing two hours early today are hardly going to create a good impression either, it's inexcusable.

Of course, demolishing a number of people's favourite ride in such a terrible way can't go far towards improving gate figures either...

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.