• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Just a heads up...

Parking is going up to £15 from May 26.

At least give season-pass holders discount or the option to purchase parking online at the (usually) cheaper rates.

D0wCTFs.png

Last edited:
That looks like it is for a reserved premium car parking space? Or is it going to be the same price for those who turn up and pay when they arrive?

:)

That's just how they word it, it'll be £15 on the day too.

The nearby sea front council car park is £8 for 12 hours so I cannot see how increasing the price to £15 is going to gain them any extra revenue because people will just park else where.

I suppose they are thinking that if the place is rammed then there may be no other options but it seems a bit of a gamble when there are much cheaper options near by.

Last edited:
Yup...the likes of us never ever pay for our parking.
And nick my space again dippy and I'll slash your tyres.
Only kidding.
Probably.

Really Pleasure Beach, really?! £15 for parking is obscene.

They're so terrible, just in time for Icon opening meaning enthusiasts and families travelling to ride the new coaster will get a nasty shock before they even enter the park (and find out that Wild Mouse isn't there!)

It amazes me that people still defend BPB when they do things like this, the rides are good but as an organisation the complacency and disrespect they display towards their customers is absolutely atrocious.

Blackpool should and will do everything they possibly can to preserve their woodies. Can't see any of them going anywhere any time soon.

I would like to think that Nashy does get re tracked at some point even if they do it in stages. Its the only woodie at PB I now find almost unbearable to ride. Its fun and historic but it's become way too rough now for me. Dipper funnily enough I find to be much smoother and it's good to see that's had some TLC this year too.

Re-tracking Nashy would be so expensive for them I'd imagine but it would definitely be worth it for me. New trains would obviously be great too however unlikely that may be.
Do you really believe they respect the woodies considering what's happened with Mouse? I'm making the most of them while they're still here, on the evidence of Mouse I fully believe that BPB will rip them out without thinking twice sadly.

What’s the betting that they’ll now introduce ‘Season Pass holder privilege parking’ at £10, even though it’s been a tenner anyway? Now that it’s £15 for bog standard punters, it’d look like a good deal !

Last edited:
The parking prices on the day tend to be flexible depending on how busy it is, time of day, capacity et cetera. I’ve often seen it decrease in price later in the day, so wouldn’t expect it to be a flat £15 fee.

Have you ever paid for parking at the Beach though?

Once in my entire life. I paid £5 for the afternoon only, after the usual street parking places were found to be full. It will be slightly harder to park for free once Withnell & Osborne Road go resident only, that said I rarely find a space on them anyway. Of course there are other places, we just need to hope that the residents of said roads don't jump on the bandwagon too and demand resident only parking too.

I suppose its fair enough that the hotels on Withnell & Osborne want spaces for their paid guests. In terms of restrictions potentially spreading to other roads over time, I'm not a fan of homeowners moaning (NIMBYism, I believe - great word) that somebody would park on the road outside their property to visit BPB for the day (unless they need disabled spaces etc, of course) when it has been there for 122 years. You chose to live near the country's number one amusement park so tough sheet! I get hospital visitors and staff sometimes parking on the road outside my house for a few hours at a time cos they don't wanna pay to park, so I'm not gonna feel guilty about parking outside a random house to visit BPB!

Err.. Cough... Wild... Cough... Mouse
You do realise a year earlier Pleasure Beach had what I assume was a lot of money spent money on magnetic breaking on the final break run on the mouse? Does that really sound like the actions of a park that weren't at least trying to keep it going?

I am as heartbroken as everyone else is about the mouse but I know that it's not Pleasure Beach is fault' there are plenty of things I could have a go at Pleasure Beach for but the mouse removal is not one of them IMO

Last edited:
Not nessaseraly,

You do realise a year earlier Pleasure Beach had what I assume was a lot of money spent money on magnetic breaking on the final break run on the mouse? Does that really sound like the actions of a park that weren't at least trying to keep it going?

I am as heartbroken as everyone else is about the mouse but I know that it's not Pleasure Beach is fault' there are plenty of things I could have a go at Pleasure Beach for but the mouse removal is not one of them IMO
I agree with this 100% ... Was one of my favourite rides at the park but as much as we are all upset about it but they did try.

Alas - we have icon and probably more to look forward to in the future.

Sent from my Ektra using Tapatalk

I do find it funny how about 5 people have brought up my comments regarding preserving the woodies. Lol.

Obviously when you're getting accident claims for a ride it might well be time to say goodbye. Sorry guys but that's just the top and bottom of it.

I appreciated the nostalgia of it and the fact it was the last of its kind but it hit harder than Mike Tyson. Brutal ride experience and not enjoyable to me at least.

I'm not in the slightest bit sad to see it go. Yes I know....put my head on a spike for my blasphemy. I never really enjoyed it tbh. Same experience of sitting in a shopping trolley and hitting a brick wall at top speed and yes I have done both.

They're just bitter old men with nothing better to do than moan about a Mouse being exterminated lol.

Not that I blame them, it's the only ride that's ever managed to frighten me (done that shopping trolley lark too btw, Safeway should never had put that ramp in down to their shop entrance, what on earth did they think a bunch of bored teenagers in the eighties were going to do?).

I'm not a planning expert, but how hard it is to get permission to alter a listed building depends on various factors such as the category of listing, the nature of the change and why they want to make the change. I believe that Warwick Castle being a grade 1 listed building did make it harder for them to add signage and barriers, which was a factor in the fatal accident in 2012.
https://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk...-describe-seeing-man-fall-into-moat-1-3739136

In the case of the the Blackpool rides I'd be surprised if they weren't allowed to make some changes over time to meet modern safety requirements. They're a lower category of listed building, and although you could theoretically have a situation where the rides are SBNO because they don't meet modern safety standards but can't be demolished, I don't think the Historic England would want to see that happen. They want to preserve the character of listed structures and being able to carry trains of passengers is clearly an important part of a roller coaster's character. They're not supposed to be static monuments. Also, Historic England will understand that a roller coasters costs a lot to maintain and that the money has to come from somewhere. However it clearly would prevent some kind of RMC redesign as that would defeat the point of them being listed.

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.