• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Given the choice of sitting in an air conditioned cinema or walking round a theme park in 30+ degrees C heat I think I'd rather sit in the cinema .

30+ degrees at Blackpool !! That's one heck of a heatwave.

I just don't think many people will be thinking "let's go to the cinema" with the sun shining all day.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Probably not, I'm just a miserable old southern softie fart who hates the heat and sun, give me an air conditioned room over this heat anyway.

P.s. It hit 37C in our garden today, even my arduino weather station has had enough of the heat and went fuck you I'm out of here about 20 minutes ago.

Fireworks have just been cancelled for tonight, from a Facebook post:

Regretfully we have had to cancel tonight’s firework display. Unfortunately the unseasonal weather we are experiencing today, and high winds, means that it would be unsafe to launch fireworks. We apologise for this and hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

To be fair it is ridiculously windy at the moment in Blackpool, stuck the paper recycling bag outside the back door earlier and 10 minutes later it had blown to the front garden.

Hey guys! I'm quite annoyed, so the park have decided to close the park two hours ahead of time due to "weather" even though it stopped raining just after midday!!! Is it worth going to guest services and complaining? Gutted that they are doing this!

Hey guys! I'm quite annoyed, so the park have decided to close the park two hours ahead of time due to "weather" even though it stopped raining just after midday!!! Is it worth going to guest services and complaining? Gutted that they are doing this!
They are still doing this sort of **** to customers?!

In my experience you’ll only waste more time going to complain, there is no customer service when they decide to do this rubbish. You’ll get a voucher on leaving most likely

I would definitely complain. The park need to know they are annoying their guests by doing this.

I would definitely complain. The park need to know they are annoying their guests by doing this.

Usually I’d agree but BPB don’t care and just hide behind the T&C’s, last time some tweeted Mandy and she ignored it.

It's clear BPB prioritise short-term cost saving over customer service, I have never known any other park to operate like this.

Weighing it up - short term benefits:
  • Saving on costs from staff and ride operation
Long term drawbacks;
  • Damage to reputation
  • Customers leave with a sour taste in the mouth and therefore less likely to spread postive word, and/or return
I find it unbelievable that BPB are still doing this when they've recently opened a new coaster, this is the first chance they've had in years to make a good impression with a brand new coaster yet they're prioritising short-term cost savings.

Their opening hours for the summer are already rubbish considering this should be their biggest and best performing year since 2000, they are being outdone by Thorpe and Oakwood and considering that neither of these parks have recently opened a huge new coaster, this is an embarrasment.

IMO closing early (and 2 hours at that) is one of the worst practices a theme park can do; in fact it's so bad, even Merlin don't do it!

I would only agree to the early closures on the basis that the weather was extreme and likely to endanger lives and damage rides. I guess shortly those who were there today will confirm that this was not the case. I’m in the North East this weekend so no idea what’s it’s like in Blackpool.

It would be bad enough, but perhaps slightly more understandable, if all the rides were outdoor ones. But if you take into account the fact that BPB has numerous indoor (or undercover such as Derby Racer) rides that people will head to on a rainy day, then to close 2 hours early is very poor indeed.

Reactions: pj
I would only agree to the early closures on the basis that the weather was extreme and likely to endanger lives and damage rides. I guess shortly those who were there today will confirm that this was not the case..
Not been on park today but I live in Blackpool, it's been very wet and windy (40mph+ gusts) which tailed off after lunch and by about 4pm it was reasonable weather (still a bit windy though)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.