• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Nice visit with @rob666 today. There is definitely a difference on Nash over the wheel seats. After Rob left I had a ride on row 6 rather than wait a train, that was the most painful, unpleasant coaster ride I’ve probably ever had. Absolute torture, couldn’t wait to get off. Whatever people say about the Wild Mouse, it did NOT beat you up like that!

On first Icon train of the day, then onto Streak to let Icon queue get eaten up before returning. Icon queue rarely beyond halfway up the path all day, at times it wasn’t out of the station, seemed to be on two trains and even opened 10 mins earlier than advertised, so fair play to BPB. Big Dipper on one train all day, seemed busy even for two though. Big One on two trains but one had the rear two cars sandbagged. Too busy for one train, not busy enough for two full ones apparently.

Rob nearly split his shorts (again) clambering onto back of Steeple horse, most amusing

Nice visit with @rob666 today. There is definitely a difference on Nash over the wheel seats. After Rob left I had a ride on row 6 rather than wait a train, that was the most painful, unpleasant coaster ride I’ve probably ever had. Absolute torture, couldn’t wait to get off. Whatever people say about the Wild Mouse, it did NOT beat you up like that!

Haven't been on it once this season yet. It's in a shocking state and should really have been bulldozed instead of wild mouse. There would have been room to replace it with something decent too.

And think of how much wood they could sell in the shop !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back seats on steeplechase are now useless for tall people.
Could barely get my legs round dippys arse due to the new side rails.
And another absent mark in the register for you shakey...even big one Brian was in attendance.

It is slightly concerning the The Big One is not busy enough to run 2 full trains on the second day of the summer holidays.

The park has been rammed for school trip days though.

Not all schools have quite finished. So in terms of holiday makers it will get busier. Got one son in primary til midweek this week, most secondary schools are done though I think. Or ‘high schools’ as everyone seems to call them these days. Staff confirm a couple more School trip days this week, by late in the week all kids should be off

On Friday the big one was on two trains until mid afternoon, then one was completely sandbagged and then a little later on in the afternoon, cars 4 & 5 on the operational one we’re sandbagged and that’s how genuinely quiet it had become.

Has the Icon queue exceeded its record of 40 minutes yet, out of interest?

Haven't been on it once this season yet. It's in a shocking state and should really have been bulldozed instead of wild mouse. There would have been room to replace it with something decent too.

And think of how much wood they could sell in the shop !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
The sooner PB get new trains The better!

As for The mouse what's done is done and the best thing that can be done at this point is to build another Woodie where the bow -la drome and FY4 currently stand.

Hi everyone, this is my first post here, but I want to know has the Pleasure Beach changed majorly at all since 2012? I know the Wild Mouse (RIP :disrelieved:) has been removed and Icon is now open at the Pleasure Beach, I'm definitely going on SkyForce and Icon for sure, I will probably go on most things, I'm also doing Pasaje Del Terror, can someone who's been on Pasaje Del Terror give me their quick review and how scary is it?

I'll be there next Monday early so I can go on what I like as many times as I want.

Last edited:
Alton Towers also have a few thousand school trippers in today and tomorrow.

By Wednesday, all schools nationally will be closed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sorry to ask yet another question, guys, but are there any staggered openings in operation at BPB on a regular Tuesday in August? If so, what are they?

It's not really clearly published, but when I went I queued for icon at 10 but it didn't actually have people on board until 10:30. (Which was the longest queue all day!).

Lots of rides around that area were testing still, so I assume several do the same.

My experience was that I saw people on revolution and big one first. After icon we did big one, which had the longest queue of the day.

It's not really clearly published, but when I went I queued for icon at 10 but it didn't actually have people on board until 10:30. (Which was the longest queue all day!).

Lots of rides around that area were testing still, so I assume several do the same.

My experience was that I saw people on revolution and big one first. After icon we did big one, which had the longest queue of the day.
Ah right. Thanks @Lurker! Does anything actually send riders round at 10am?

Ah right. Thanks @Lurker! Does anything actually send riders round at 10am?

Yes, Ice blast is almost always up and running at 10am, along with Flying Machines and Derby Racer (possibly Alice ride aswell). Also all the rides in Nick Land including the streak.

If you get in at 10am then I would suggest getting straight on Ice Blast if there is no queue, then head into Nick Land where you should be able to get on the streak without much of a wait, and Blue Flyer if you want to do that as well. You should then be just in time for Avalanche opening at 10:30 which is just across from Nick Land, then go straight to Revolution, Steeplechase and Big one. With any luck you can have 6 coasters and Ice blast done before mid day.

Yes, Ice blast is almost always up and running at 10am, along with Flying Machines and Derby Racer (possibly Alice ride aswell). Also all the rides in Nick Land including the streak.

If you get in at 10am then I would suggest getting straight on Ice Blast if there is no queue, then head into Nick Land where you should be able to get on the streak without much of a wait, and Blue Flyer if you want to do that as well. You should then be just in time for Avalanche opening at 10:30 which is just across from Nick Land, then go straight to Revolution, Steeplechase and Big one. With any luck you can have 6 coasters and Ice blast done before mid day.
Brilliant stuff! I'll have to tell the family that strategy when we get to Blackpool!

Out of interest, do all the rides outside of Nick Land bar Nash and Valhalla open at 10:30am, or are there other major rides that open at 11am? I only want to be certain because my parents weren't very happy on Wicker Man's opening weekend when the ride was supposed to open at 9:30am for ERT, but didn't let us into the queue until 11:30am.

Also, and sorry to ask yet another question, but does BPB have a park map or at least signs directing you where to go to get to certain rides? Only asking because I will literally be walking round like a headless chicken getting in whichever ride queue I see first if not!

Last edited:
Brilliant stuff! I'll have to tell the family that strategy when we get to Blackpool!

Out of interest, do all the rides outside of Nick Land bar Nash and Valhalla open at 10:30am, or are there other major rides that open at 11am? I only want to be certain because my parents weren't very happy on Wicker Man's opening weekend when the ride was supposed to open at 9:30am for ERT, but didn't let us into the queue until 11:30am.

Also, and sorry to ask yet another question, but does BPB have a park map or at least signs directing you where to go to get to certain rides? Only asking because I will literally be walking round like a headless chicken getting in whichever ride queue I see first if not!

There used to be some info on the PB website about ride opening and a park map but I can't find it. Pretty sure everything should be open by 10:30 apart from Nash and Valhalla, but there is also enough open at 10am to get you started before the main coasters open. I certainly wouldn't worry about doing Icon early on as that will eat any queue.

You can walk from one end of the park to the other in about 5 minutes so you shouldn't have a problem finding your way around, but if you are going in early then head left to Ice blast then carry on past the Ice Arena up the ramp then down the other side to nick land for the streak.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.