• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
There used to be some info on the PB website about ride opening and a park map but I can't find it. Pretty sure everything should be open by 10:30 apart from Nash and Valhalla, but there is also enough open at 10am to get you started before the main coasters open. I certainly wouldn't worry about doing Icon early on as that will eat any queue.

You can walk from one end of the park to the other in about 5 minutes so you shouldn't have a problem finding your way around, but if you are going in early then head left to Ice blast then carry on past the Ice Arena up the ramp then down the other side to nick land for the streak.
Brill! Thanks for the directional info @shakey! It's great that I have so many seasoned BPB visitors who are willing to help me out, so thanks for all your help, everyone!

With regards to Icon, would you guys say that it currently achieves the highest average throughput in Blackpool out of all the coasters? If so, then I won't worry about doing it too early, as the queue has not yet exceeded 30 minutes on a normal day as far as I'm aware. I might even try and make it the grand 50th coaster, provided everything goes to plan. It would be strangely fitting, as it's going to be my first ever Mack thrill coaster, and Wicker Man (the other major new-for-2018 coaster in Britain) was my 40th coaster! If not Icon, I might try and make it something historically significant, like Nash (one of the few remaining Mobius coasters) or Big One (UK's tallest coaster).

During school trips Icon got up to over an hour apparently.
To the gate is roughly half an hour, as it was yesterday.
Streak and National are the slowest queue movers, the rest all shift queues when on full capacity, which they are in the holidays usually.
The park has an easy, open layout, not easy to get lost really.

...does BPB have a park map or at least signs directing you where to go to get to certain rides?

Here is my home made park map that I did for our annual works trip which I have been running for the last few years. It's pretty much to scale using satellite images to work out where everything goes. The icon track was just a bit of guess work though using the original track plan, as there is no up to date satellite image.

Unfortunately I had to remove my favourite coaster from the map this year :(

enhance

Last edited:
Here is my home made park map that I did for our annual works trip which I have been running for the last few years. It's pretty much to scale using satellite images to work out where everything goes. The icon track was just a bit of guess work though using the original track plan, as there is now recent satellite image.

Unfortunately I had to remove my favourite coaster from the map this year :(

enhance
Brilliant! Thank you @shakey; should give me a good idea of where to go!

Wow that's fantastic, I have never seen anything like that before!

...though you probably won't need it @Matt N the only confusing bit I can think of is when trying to find Icon from the entrance, as you can see from the map you need to head towards the centre of the park to Avalanche before heading towards Icon.

Maybe it's just me but at first I thought you could cross over from near the Big Dipper entrance to Icon.

Also they usually give you a map when you collect your wristbands, if not there are some in the ticket centre and I think there's some near the turnstiles getting in to the park.

Yep, maps available just after the turnstiles, in Guest Services and at some shops like Kiss Me Quick under Flying Machines, Wallace & Gromit etc.

It's weird, when it was announced loads of people were talking about it, saying it looked great. Then it's like it's been forgotten.

It's weird, when it was announced loads of people were talking about it, saying it looked great. Then it's like it's been forgotten.
People are busy, those that didn't plan a trip when it was first announced need reminded that it's now open. :)

Apparently lots of leisure businesses are not doing well.
Eating out and cinemas are not doing well either.
Brexit uncertainty?

Apparently lots of leisure businesses are not doing well.
Eating out and cinemas are not doing well either.
Brexit uncertainty?
Hot weather would be a big factor for cinemas and possibly even eating out. Any indoor activity will be struggling this summer.

But with PB being outside they usually put poor attendance down to bad weather.

They really can't use that excuse this year, in fact with the weather over the last 2 months the attendances should be up this year, with or without icon.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Given the choice of sitting in an air conditioned cinema or walking round a theme park in 30+ degrees C heat I think I'd rather sit in the cinema all afternoon.

Brexit has nothing to do with it, middle-class Brits would still be screwed over to the point where they're living on 13p a day with or without it, you can only keep screwing more and more out of people with inflation and stealthy price increases for so long before they have no disposable income (to spend on leasure activities) left.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.