• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Is that priority parking?

Their use of the word ‘priority’ is somewhat ridiculous. Yes, it is the one closest to the main entrance, but if you’re parked at the far end of it, it can still take longer to walk to the entrance from your car than if you’d parked on certain streets for free !

I think words like ‘priority’ and ‘VIP’ simply appeal to people to feel who they are more important than others because they have a well paid job and drive a flash car. These people will ALWAYS be happy to splurge their cash around and lord it up over the peasants. The park know this and will gladly take their filthy money !

Don't get how they are still filling the car parks at that price - just get there early enough and it's either free on the street or £8 for 12 hours on the South Beach council car park next to Sandcastle.

Has anyone checked what the North car park is (the one across the road on the other side of Bond Street to the ticket centre car park, next to the train line) at times that the ticket centre car park is £18?

Don't get how they are still filling the car parks at that price - just get there early enough and it's either free on the street or £8 for 12 hours on the South Beach council car park next to Sandcastle.

Has anyone checked what the North car park is (the one across the road on the other side of Bond Street to the ticket centre car park, next to the train line) at times that the ticket centre car park is £18?
It was £15 when I drove round around 2 today

I think the people in the car park as a whole are a lot less upset about paying £18 than people in this thread. For the convenience alone, some people will be happy to pay that premium.

There are certain things where the thoughts of most enthusiasts and the thoughts of most of the general public line up and I think this is one of the cases where they absolutely don't.

It's not like Alton whereby you have very few alternative options. If you're happy to park a little further away you can park for less, if you don't mind more of a wander, you can park for free.

We turned up at about 2 for a few rides due to other plans falling through, the place was rammed, I don’t know Blackpool all that well and after a drive around I couldn’t find anywhere to park so ended up just paying. Total rip off but better than an upset 4 year old! And I guess they know that

£18 is nearly a 50% price rise on last year, yet absolutely nothing has changed about the car park. In fact, it's over a 50% price rise on quiet days. And to think, with a PMAP you get free parking yet a BPB pass gets you nothing.

Obscene.

£18 is nearly a 50% price rise on last year, yet absolutely nothing has changed about the car park. In fact, it's over a 50% price rise on quiet days. And to think, with a PMAP you get free parking yet a BPB pass gets you nothing.

Obscene.
What has this got to do with anything?

As has already been mentioned more than a few times, you have the option of street parking in Blackpool, if you are happy with a ten minute walk you can park for free, not always an option at other parks.
I visit roughly weekly, but pay for parking once or twice a year.
If you don't want to pay their prices, don't whine, park elsewhere, there are many thousands of free street parking places inland, then walk, it is an option!

Last edited:
It's to do with car parking!

Parking on the streets isn't really an option when we have all our luggage etc, the security of a car park is preferable.
A product is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. If you want the product, you'll pay, if not - you won't, but it is not an individual thing of course, if a significant number of people agree with you the retailer is screwed.

Two t-shirts, both have 65p of materials in them and labour costs of a further 65p. Both will attract a shelf price of £4. One of them gets three stripes sewn into the right sleeve and a small Adidas logo on the breast area. The modifications cost a further 15p, but the shirt is now worth £25. Why?

Capitalism

Last edited:

Obscene.
Actually you've done your maths incorrectly .

£18 is an 80% increase from £10

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Don't get how they are still filling the car parks at that price - just get there early enough and it's either free on the street or £8 for 12 hours on the South Beach council car park next to Sandcastle

Yeah, surprising but I have seen a fair few cars get to the barrier, see the price, turn around and drive off this season, which I haven't seen in previous seasons.

We turned up at about 2 for a few rides due to other plans falling through, the place was rammed, I don’t know Blackpool all that well and after a drive around I couldn’t find anywhere to park so ended up just paying. Total rip off but better than an upset 4 year old! And I guess they know that

There you go. I guess they do know that they're likely to get the 'desperation' parkers who've tried all the nearby streets and found the cheaper car parks to be full. I have paid once in my entire life to park in the North car park. It was mid afternoon, usual free places were all gone and it was only a fiver anyway.

I think the people in the car park as a whole are a lot less upset about paying £18 than people in this thread. For the convenience alone, some people will be happy to pay that premium.
If you're happy to park a little further away you can park for less, if you don't mind more of a wander, you can park for free.

Ha, yes, I'm upset about the parking prices for a car park I don't use anyway. It doesn't bother me that much really, I just think its very cheeky. But as we've established, they're a business, so in a way if people will pay it then fair play to them. If large numbers boycotted the car park and BPB found it as good as empty frequently, then surely they'd drop the price. But it won't happen as some people will pay it. Just like all the Merlin hate, people rant and rave about how poor they feel Merlin are, yet they still renew their season passes every year. I vote with my wallet, I simply won't pay £18 to park at BPB! In fact, good on these people paying for an extortionate parking space instead of parking in the places I do for free :)

If its £18 on peak days this season then £20 next season isn't unfeasible. It does get a little silly though when a car parking charge is not far below an advance entry charge.

If you don't want to pay their prices, don't whine, park elsewhere, there are many thousands of free street parking places inland, then walk, it is an option!

Rob, in case you had forgotten, this is a discussion forum. Parking is being discussed. If you don't like this then stop whining and go back to your Towers cave / BPB maze corner. We moan, old man. This is what Brits do. It would be rather boring if the car parking was a fiver and we had nothing to complain about! I'm sure you'd have something to say if a Madame Crevettes' pint rose to £9.50 and the Avalanche ice cream van start charging £4 a scoop next season :D

Last edited:
Yeah, surprising but I have seen a fair few cars get to the barrier, see the price, turn around and drive off this season, which I haven't seen in previous seasons.
Yeah... I'm sure it happens, but unsure how often. Certainly didn't see it happen yesterday.

I would be all for the rage if Blackpool didn't have plenty of parking alternatives available, which it does.

If this were Alton Towers I would be furious, since you're forced to pay the charge. With BPB, you're not so much restricted and can go elsewhere if it's too high of a cost. I would park elsewhere personally.

Given people are willing to pay it, maybe BPB aren't so stupid to charge that much. They must be making a fair bit!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.