• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Also bear in mind that the ride in its current form is knocking on. It's not very enjoyable, and I'm sure many will agree. I'd argue this is caused by the trains, but it's not a simple job to do work on. Trains would cost a few hundred grand, "might as well get a new station system".

The trains won't just be causing uncomfort, they'll be damaging the track which is already weak. I wouldn't be against an RMC but it is incredibly unlikely to happen in the near future. Saying that,if any of blackpool coasters were to get the treatment it'd be Nash. I'd prefer a retracking and refurbishment to make it smooth, but that won't make them any money.

If pleasure beach were to get an RMC I'd prefer a new one, bolsters the lineup, and easily marketed (revolution of wooden rollercoasters, wood meets steel etc.) wildfire is my favourite coaster and I'd love an RMC here, but many people appear to be against a Nash retrack.

What I don't understand is seeing a few people saying RMC shouldn't touch it, yet many of these people don't rate the national anymore due to roughness. Don't knock it til you've tried it!

As soon as I saw this I thought hoax, but I did feel sad thinking that. I must admit, I find the Grand National a really unpleasant experience these days and actively avoid riding it. Having ridden Twisted Colossus and Steel Vengeance, if there was an ounce of truth in it, I would welcome the change.

The two RMCs I have experienced were bloody good fun and, for me, that’s a instant step up from what the Nash offers at the moment.

Alas, I can dream.

It's wrong for people to claim that rides like National "need to be RMC'd" because you don't enjoy them. There are plenty of people who still thoroughly enjoy National, myself included, and the option is always there for those who don't to simply not go on it.

I personally find Rita at Alton pointless, dull and sometimes uncomfortable, does that mean I should constantly call for its removal? No, I just tend to avoid it unless there's a very short queue.

It's wrong for people to claim that rides like National "need to be RMC'd" because you don't enjoy them. There are plenty of people who still thoroughly enjoy National, myself included, and the option is always there for those who don't to simply not go on it.

I personally find Rita at Alton pointless, dull and sometimes uncomfortable, does that mean I should constantly call for its removal? No, I just tend to avoid it unless there's a very short queue.
See I enjoy National too, it's my second favourite at the park after Icon.

But *if* RMC were to retrack it there's absolutely no doubt it would be a huge improvement and possibly the best coaster in Europe.

But still, it won't happen unless they knock it down and start from scratch.

Some people like Baco, some Goudrix (which to be fair, I don't mind), and some nutters like Tornado at M&Ds...

But yes, proposal for Rita's removal so an actual land can be built with sense and style rather than the current mess that is the Darkish Forest...

Forums thrive on opinion. Neither of us is correct, as how good a ride is can only ever be an opinion.

Nash doesn't "need to be RMC'd" because I don't enjoy it. It isn't going to be, so I simply won't ride it. And yes, Rita can go too.

While I didn't personally enjoy Grand National when I rode, I know there are many people that do enjoy it. Also, I don't think it should be RMC'd, as most of the woodies that RMC have dealt with have been from the 1970s-1990s and have had no real historical value/have not been very popular in their respective parks, even if some of them were good rides. Grand National, on the other hand, is over 80 years old and is still one of Blackpool's key attractions, in my opinion!

All I think Nash needs is a retrack and/or better trains; if it were smoother, it would probably be up there with Megafobia and Wicker Man as one of Britain's best wooden roller coasters and probably my favourite woodie in Blackpool, as I can see a lot of potential in the layout, but I'm afraid it was simply too rough for me to rank it highly. While I personally found that Streak and Dipper had a bearable level of roughness, I found Nash to be too much for me roughness-wise.
P.S. I apologise if I'm being a little too harsh on Grand National here; I admit that I often forget that it is over 80 years old, and I can't really criticise it for roughness due to its age! It's just that I personally found Streak and Dipper smoother and more enjoyable, and while I know that there are people who love Nash, and everyone's entitled to their own opinion, I didn't like Nash anywhere near as much as some do.

Last edited:
Why is it that every time a woodie becomes no longer enjoyable, the default suggestion is ‘RMC it’? Why can’t it just be retrack it?

RMCs have their place. That is not on a historically significant ride with an already excellent layout.

I think the single biggest reason to retrack it for me now, is so that we don’t have to keep listening to this crazy fascination with RMC-ing it.

Given that fan made RMC POV actually looks quite tedious and repetitive, I'm certain a conversion would not even get a sniff of Europe's Top 10.

Re-track the entire damn thing, remove the crap from the ride area, cut the grass and put some stones down and get some new trains.

Given that fan made RMC POV actually looks quite tedious and repetitive, I'm certain a conversion would not even get a sniff of Europe's Top 10.

Re-track the entire damn thing, remove the crap from the ride area, cut the grass and put some stones down and get some new trains.

Given it’s a fan made one, are you saying RMC would copy that? Surely they could make it soooooo much better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Given it’s a fan made one, are you saying RMC would copy that? Surely they could make it soooooo much better?

Whilst it wouldn't be copied as such, a conversion would stay relatively true to the original layout and there's only so much that can be done with it. I'd happily doth my hat to anyone who can knock up what appears to be a genuinely incredible RMC conversion staying true to Nash's layout. Until then however, I'll happily settle with a re-track, new trains and some ride area TLC.

In other news, Liseberg CEO Andreas Anderson has attempted to murder Mandy:

Dr_OqREX0AATEfP.jpg:large

Have Pleasure Beach's social media team been taking lessons from Thorpe?

30956253047_4e514bbe80_m.jpg

Considering this has come from the park's official Twitter page, this is either a shockingly unprofessional "joke" or there is some truth in it.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.