• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I am guessing some of you will have already seen this video but I only came accross it today.

Pleasure beach in April 1994 - Includes POV of ghost train, its hardly changed but at least the cylinder was turning !

Also notice the big queue for Avalanche, Big Dipper on one train and people moaning that the wild mouse is painful - Could have beem 2017 !

Out of interest, did much have to be done with Frontierland's RMT when it moved to Pleaslureland?

I know we are well on our way to that being two decades ago, but other than a few check brakes becoming automatically controlled I wasn't aware of much happening to bring that up to date.
Presumably some new regulations have kicked in since 2000. Runaway Coaster opened at Rotunda in 1997 and was another which had no hope of ever being moved after that park shut in 2003.

Presumably some new regulations have kicked in since 2000. Runaway Coaster opened at Rotunda in 1997 and was another which had no hope of ever being moved after that park shut in 2003.

The Save Dreamland Campaign raised funds to dismantle and transport it but it was demolished at the 11th hour. With hindsight, it may not have been possible to rebuild due to regulations, much the same as KSM. I understand why we have these regulations but as far as I know Runaway operated safely for 80 years or something!

The Save Dreamland Campaign raised funds to dismantle and transport it but it was demolished at the 11th hour. With hindsight, it may not have been possible to rebuild due to regulations, much the same as KSM. I understand why we have these regulations but as far as I know Runaway operated safely for 80 years or something!
Indeed. A lot of the stuff they collected was very well meaning but ultimately in vein. Hopefully The Whip will see the light of day though, that's a ride type I'd still love to try. It was sat SBNO in Blackpool the first time I went.

Bookings are now being taken for the Boulevard Hotel starting from 1st June 2019.
Interested in trying this out but the only rooms available in June seem to be family rooms.

Hopefully The Whip will see the light of day though, that's a ride type I'd still love to try. It was sat SBNO in Blackpool the first time I went.

The junior whip is being restored by Littleboys this year but nothing has been said about the full size one.

Apparently the old track was used to support the front of the Valhalla ride

Gii6DwF.jpg

Apparently the old track was used to support the front of the Valhalla ride

Gii6DwF.jpg

Which then had to be completely refitted at great expense a decade or so later, as it was literally about to fall off!

A lot of lip service is paid to the 'glory years' of WGT, but you wouldn't get this kind of (admittedly, imaginative) recycling crap under Amanda.

There was a piece suspended on two poles across Tom Sawyer bridge for years too - for a few years it held up a Spin Doctor sign but for the rest of the bridge's life it sat there doing nothing.

When it was first installed it had a sign welcoming you to 'Big Country' as it was seen as you walked towards the big one.

Just had an email with official confirmation that:-

"The Big One game has been closed on the Pointvoucher platform. This means you can no longer earn voucher points or download the app."

Okay, so a little bit of wild speculation here. A link to the following image was apparently found in the source code of Blackpool Pleasure Beach’s website:

82496CA3-9418-4C4B-BF3C-A2240FFBCA53.png

I’m just interested to hear what people here think. Another coaster confirmed, or could this actually just be fake?

Given the fact they failed to actively market a multi-million pound Mack Megacoaster in the months running up to its launch, I highly doubt that they'll be putting anything onto the website regarding a made up attraction.

Also it doesn't help the image itself looks remarkably fake. 4/10 to the original creator. Must try harder.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.