• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It would be nice to see the new hotel opening the South entrance, having something like a Wetherspoons competing restaurant in there during the daytime and the BK station reopening to help encourage passing trade down to that area.
I'm sure that isn't what is coming.... but it would be a great enhancement if it could.

Very much agree. Although I’m almost certain this won’t happen. The best we can hope for is the reopening of the BK Station. Unfortunately, at the moment, the changes being made look to have actually blocked off the entrances to the station.

Just found out that residents parking at The Big Blue has gone up from nothing to a fairly shocking £10 per night. I'm really quite annoyed about it, as it's effectively a stealth charge of 15% on my forthcoming stay.

Apparently it is less if you book directly with them, which isn't much consolation when you only find out after booking a non-refundable rate on Hotels.com.

I've stayed at The Big Blue lots of times previously but this may very well be the last.

If anyone can recommend any on street parking near that end of the park please let me know.

With the massive hike in parking prices in all BPB operated car parks I can't help but feel it's a bit of a sign of desperation given how quiet the park often is. No doubt they're hoping that the new residents only parking areas near the park entrance push more people into their car parks. I suspect that the real winners there are likely to be council/independent car parks which will always undercut BPB, whilst the losers will be residents living just outside the restricted parking area.

Don't forget, there's also the PB Station car park. That's free, right? My support and I will probably park there when we go on Monday.

If anyone can recommend any on street parking near that end of the park please let me know.
Try Clifton Drive. As you drive away from the hotel there will be parking on your right hand side once the double yellow lines finish.

The charge is a product of the Boulevard Hotel not having anywhere near as many parking spaces as it has bedrooms. The only way to control the parking is to charge for it. I guess they decided consistency across the hotels was then required.

The charge has been noted on the hotel’s website for a while. It was also actually deferred from coming into effect earlier in the year. I’d guess third party websites don’t advertise this as well, if at all. I believe parking is £5 per 24 hours if you’ve booked directly through the hotel.

It is a shame as it detracts from the Big Blue’s value proposition.

It’ll be my first time staying there, looking forward to it. Is it worth coming off park to use then restaurants then going back in? Late night riding day I’m referring to

They did warn about Big Blue parking cost several months ago. Still poor though
Where?

At least one website is still boasting that Big Blue include free parking.

I completely understand why a charge is needed but jumping from nothing to £10 per night and not offering any flexibility with longtime customers who have been caught unaware is pretty poor.

It was on here months ago. I’m sure it can be found if anyone’s willing to trawl back through the archives.

The hotel told people too. My brother was told several months ago when he stayed there that a parking charge was being introduced

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.