• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Received a phone call yesterday from the pleasure beach... New hotel opening has been delayed by at least a week so I can't stay on the 1st of June.

The good news is that they exchanged my double room at the boulevard hotel to a king suite at the big blue. Result :)

The Big Blue suites are ace !

Just arrived now after 2 hour journey to find opening times cut by an hour till 5. Great, still advertised as 6 online. Bloody infuriating

As much as people get annoyed by Alton Towers having short opening hours at least they advertise in advance, and don’t do things like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know it is raining, and it has been for a few hours because I have been mowing lawns in it, but shutting an hour early for rain in the school holidays is very poor.
People who booked in advance are being shafted.

Lots of things on one train too, avalanche has been an hour from the start of the cattle pen outside. Awful

I watched the Blackpool 1990's documentary series again last weekend, and in one episode one of the managers says that long queues mean the park is losing money . How things have changed !!

Totally different system of course these days where it seems that long queues are exactly what the park wants, even if it means deliberate poor operations to increase waiting times.

I know it is raining, and it has been for a few hours because I have been mowing lawns in it, but shutting an hour early for rain in the school holidays is very poor.
People who booked in advance are being shafted.

I have come to the conclusion that the park is being run by imbeciles !! It's been said hundreds of times before but they are adopting completely the wrong business model for a seaside park and annoying their guests in the process.

Unfortunately they seem intent on sticking to their current policy despite losing money most years. Sadly I don't think they will ever admit they are getting it wrong and I fear the park and its guests will continue to suffer.

What's the betting that the weather will once again be blamed for losing money when the returns are posted next year ?

Last edited:
Weather hasnt been that bad at all today, few light showers. Actually quite warm now! Shutting at 5 during May half term :eek::eek:

So an hour queue for Avalanche but they are still closing earlier than advertised !!

oh dear!

So an utterly abysmal performance from the pleasure beach today all in all. Arrived to find operating hours reduced at the last second, told all rides open and given some free toddler tickets for Dora as our youngest could only go on that. It was closed and the Krusty crab wasn’t even there?! Horrendously bad operations across the park (apart from icon) and capacity seemed to be pretty much running minimum on all rides.

It’s May half term and they couldn’t wait to get people out of the park at 5, what the hell is going on there?!

Can’t remember if I read on here or somewhere else the £1 chocolate bar with a ride sticker on it being sold for £3.99, well unfortunately it’s actually true

I went a really really long time (say 15 year or so) without visiting and always remember it being open late say 10/11/12 regular, did this all change with the introduction of the wristband ?

Last edited:
and the Krusty crab wasn’t even there?

Where has it gone?! Yes it was me who said about the rip off chocolate bars with ride themed paper / card sleeves over them. Crazy. Sounds like a poor day all in all. I can see Blackpool across the water from where I live and I’m sure the weather there doesn’t warrant closing an hour earlier than advertised. Poor show

We both know that wasn’t the point I was making though, I didn’t expect to take her on anything. To be told there was one thing available and then to get there and it to be closed is just piss poor service. One hand doesn’t know what the other is doing there anymore

It's been a couple of years since I visited BPPBBPBP. It was one of the last UK parks that I could visit with wanting to go on a murder spree. That ended the day the bulldozed Mouse.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.