• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Popped down to the park this evening for some night rides & fireworks. The Icon station structure is absolutely huge when you are up-close to it. They have already got some more steel out to add to it next week. Very exciting times, can't wait for track & supports to arrive!

On another note, park operations were great and most queues (except Big One) were reasonable given that it was extremely busy. All coasters (except the usual Nickelodeon Streak, Blue Flyer & Revolution) were on multiple trains. Infusion in particular was getting the trains out at a rapid pace! Wild Mouse was closed but they are in the process of adding an extra seat belt I believe.

I get the impression with the mouse there's some sort of ongoing process designed to gradually erode throughput. It'll be down to 2 cars within about 5 years.

The new seatbelt is simply a second inertia reel a couple of inches behind the original one, I presume for the second passenger.
There have been unsubstantiated rumours that someone "accidentally" elbowed the seatbelt release and unlocked it, with the kid in front nearly falling out. The seatbelt catches have had an extra sleeve cover to stop accidental release.
Good old litigation and elf and safely.
Shakey spotted a complaint on another site.
Good night on park, busy but good throughput. PMBO queue out the ride gates, but line flowed.
...and it would be tricky putting Revoution on two trains Mako!

The seatbelts on mouse are just for show anyway, they do nothing to actually restrain you. They'd be better off gaffertaping rider's hands to the grab rails.

I've only been on this ride twice. And that was this year. Seat belts no seat belts more seat belts would not have helped. Each time I thought I was going to die !

My excitement levels have risen slightly for Icon, as my Mum has said that there’s a very slight off chance we could visit Blackpool next year before our MAPs run out in June to do the Merlin attractions and she said that we could visit the Pleasure Beach while we’re there. I’ve never visited Pleasure Beach before, so that could be quite exciting. It’s unlikely though, as my Mum visited Blackpool around 20 years ago and described it as “rough”. If we do visit though, my Mack megacoaster count could rise from 0 to 2 in 2018 if the probable WDW holiday in August materialises as well as if Blackpool materialises.

On a side note, when do you guys think we could see this thing open?

my Mum visited Blackpool around 20 years ago and described it as “rough”.

On a side note, when do you guys think we could see this thing open?

As long as you stay on the front, you'll be fine. The front has come on leaps and bounds in the last 20 years.

As for opening; April/May.

Blackpool is still as rough as, but if you stick to the PB and surrounding area you should be fine. You'll come across all sorts of weirdos as soon as you head towards the central pier XD

Blackpool can certainly seem rough, but believe me, it used to be a whole lot worse just nine years ago when I first visited! As long as you don't go wandering down the backroads in the early hours you're fine.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.