• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Sadly this is not the first time Mandy has buldozed a classic woody without so much as telling us, and it won't be the last. How long before Nash goes the same way?

Quick get listing the old rides with national heritage

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I know its a bad example since I'm pretty sure it got damaged in transit, but wasn't King Solomon's Mines completely dismantled in order to be refurbished and put in Dreamland? Could they just be refurbishing the ride offsite and putting it back in once its done? Clutching at whatever I can think of now because it'd be a shame to lose it.

At least Nash is listed. Worrying to see they’ve done in the only classic woodie that isn’t listed. Makes you wonder what would happen in the future to the others without those listings. At the point it looked like everything was going right at the Beach it’s s real shame to see this.

2 steps forward, 1 back...

I have my pitchfork a’waiting.

I saw a photo from inside the park the other day. Apart from the garage and station platform the ride has completely gone.

RIP Wild Mouse 1958-2017
I can sense huge backlash regarding Blackpool's unceremonious removal of this. This was quite a few people's number 1 coaster. Does anyone know why they removed it, because I reckon it might be to do with the maintenance-related closure last season.

On a side note, at least Merlin aren't removing any enthusiast favourites from Alton Towers to give us SW8, even though many of you think it looks like an inferior ride to Icon.

Last edited:
I can only imagine it was a decision that wasn't taken lightly. Given the media and communications team are out of office until Monday I doubt we'll hear of anything until then either. As the lid is lifted off SW8, the final nail will be put into Mouse's coffin.

RIP Wild Mouse 1958-2017
I can sense huge backlash regarding Blackpool's unceremonious removal of this. This was quite a few people's number 1 coaster. Does anyone know why they removed it, because I reckon it might be to do with the maintenance-related closure last season.
It was closed because amanda said so.
The ride was in perfect working order and ready to ride.
She was fed up with the complaints. Simple as that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

...Don't shoot the messenger...told you all bloody months ago.
Can I have my reputation back now shakey...
Oh, on the other hand.
Yes great call Rob. At least you can come out of this with your head held high.

Amanda Thompson on the other hand should hang her head in shame.

She has done many good things for the park but this is nothing short of a travesty.

If the info from certain sources is correct and h&s signed the new seatbelt changes off last year and gave the ride the all clear, then there can be no excuse for this awful decision.

Mouse would have been 60 this year too.

Shame on you pleasure beach.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The silly thing about this fuss about the Mouse is that nothing is confirmed, it has closed for maintenance, things change from time to time and the decision may be taken to close it whilst they are working on it out of season, but there has been no official word about its permanent closure and the rumours aren't coming from reliable sources.
So my original source...who I have known for half a century, wasn't telling fibs after all, as I told you at the time. At least I can be happy that my very elderly friends aren't suffering dementia.
Sometimes three incidents a day in the ride incident book, litigation claims repeatedly being fended off, and the death kiss was a very negative trip advisor review, spotted by shakey, at the end of August.
Apparently H&S were happy for the ride to reopen, it was an economic decision.
I get no satisfaction with being the one that first stated cleary that the ride has shut, my favourite ride for about 40 years has gone, where I courted my future wife, and where I did some of my very best work for social services.

And don't expect it to be rebuilt anywhere or duplicated, can't be done as it would need modern safety envelope clearances.

Suppose the value of our mouse parts have just doubled shakey and dippy.
How much for a brand new mouse wheel now then!

Gutted to see the ride removed, but it has been coming for several seasons. However, this was a brain-decision opposed to one from the heart.

The park has kept the Wild Mouse going for several seasons longer than it should have done. Whilst all issues with the ride were solved on paper, I am told there were a number of problems still faced:
  • Increased insurance costs/possibility of no insurance following several small incidents;
  • Incredible amounts of negative customer feedback;
  • Increased general maintenance costs;
  • Hard to justify ride upkeep with investors, especially when significant investment in 2017 led to increased downtime.
Business-wise, I can understand why it has gone. It has been a headache for at least the last five years, and with Icon hopefully drawing in both new customers and people who haven't visited for years, the Wild Mouse would have prompted even more complaints and costs.

We can blame the park for this, but ultimately, the general public are the issue. And without them, you don't have a business.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.