• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The Saturdays always seem much busier than the Sundays as well. Just hope the weather is favourable, was hard going at the weekend in Phantasialand when it was -5 degrees.

I've generally had good visits in February, as long as you don't expect all the rides to be on capacity (and there can sometimes be a few closures) it's generally fun.

Giving it a miss this year I think, mind.

I'd hope, giving that they only strip down one Icon train per year, that it'd be on 2 trains at least from the start

I'm sure it will be on 2.
How many of the others will be though?
Bet Revolution will be on one.
Grand National will be on 2... as will the Ghost Train ;)

Can you imagine how long a normal Ghost train queue would take with only 2 cars on track!!

Unless they’re cutting the season short?

Edit: never mind, I’ve just seen they’re open till 3rd November on their website

Edit #2: if this is a full Halloween event, it could be that they are trying not to compete with other events like Alton Towers Scarefest by holding it slightly earlier.

Last edited:
I don’t come on here very often but thought I would make a suggestion based on a coaster I rode recently.
Went to Funspot in Kissimmee, Orlando this week to ride Mine Blower and wow, this coaster would be perfect for PB and I think it could fit on the Bowl-a-Drome site.
As far as I know this would be the only inverting woody in Europe, certainly the U.K. and according to a ride op I spoke to the cost was $6m (around £4.5m)
Wonder if any of you have ridden it and think it would make a great fit?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.