• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I take it’s it metal made to look like wooden fence?

Prefer the existing brick work but hope they realise it’ll still get spray paint all over it and posters.

I'm thinking of going for wow weekend on Sunday but bbc weather shows windspeeds of the 20 mph what speed stops the big one? as I missed it last year

I’ve never given a passing thought to the wall that surrounds a theme park. No doubt it will be the wrong colour for some people

Perhaps we’ll see the old bricks for sale in the merch shop !
Surely we have some new coaster rumours we can talk about instead of perimeter walls and slippery bridges !!!!!

I know.... who thinks they should rebuild the wild mouse ? ;)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I’ve never given a passing thought to the wall that surrounds a theme park. No doubt it will be the wrong colour for some people

Perhaps we’ll see the old bricks for sale in the merch shop !
Do believe they are fine Accrington NORI's dippy.
Empire State Building foundation bricks.
Blackpool Tower foundation bricks.
Some of the specially cast "specials" go for a couple of hundred quid.
Fine bit of local history and local patois...
"I battered him with half a nori ."*
And if they put them in the shop for a tenner, you would be at the front of the queue.

*edited for language
Sorry.

Speaking to folks who have been to all of the WOW weekends so far, Icon just after it was fixed was actually turned up in regards to the launch speed but apparently that has been reverted now to make Icon's launches to be meh again.

Just another excuse to get something else which is grey into the park. After some smartening up, I think the current park aesthetic is moving too far towards being bland and sterilised.

Pretty much every single addition now is either gold, silver or grey.

I take it’s it metal made to look like wooden fence?
Steel posts with composite boards (like a composite door or bench)

I'm all for the little things adding character to a place but both before and after look equally mundane, so there's really nothing to say. It's probably being done to help maintenance long term than anyhting else, which is fine

Does anyone know if wristbands can be collected from the gate near the PB rail station (south entrance?) or do we have to go to the main ticket centre?

There is no public entrance at the South, only a hotel entrance. If your visit is sufficiently far away you can have the wristbands posted to you which saves queuing at the Ticket Centre.

There is no public entrance at the South, only a hotel entrance. If your visit is sufficiently far away you can have the wristbands posted to you which saves queuing at the Ticket Centre.
Yeah I looked into that but I have a voucher which cannot be used online, and the postal option is not available on off-peak days. :(

Has anyone had any correspondence from the park about the “exclusive” season pass entrance by the arena? Went at the weekend with my daughter and queue was out the door with people buying wristbands, even some cash payments. We were the only pass holders in the queue. Guy on the desk didn’t really seem to know when I asked him, just said email the park?

Has anyone had any correspondence from the park about the “exclusive” season pass entrance by the arena? Went at the weekend with my daughter and queue was out the door with people buying wristbands, even some cash payments. We were the only pass holders in the queue. Guy on the desk didn’t really seem to know when I asked him, just said email the park?
East entrance isn't exclusive to season pass holders, don't think it ever has been. The parks claims that it is are simply a lie.

On top of that there is no guarantee that the east entrance will even be open on off peak days, which is very annoying if you turn up there and then have to walk all the way round to the main entrance.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

East entrance isn't exclusive to season pass holders, don't think it ever has been. The parks claims that it is are simply a lie.

On top of that there is no guarantee that the east entrance will even be open on off peak days, which is very annoying if you turn up there and then have to walk all the way round to the main entrance.
Yeah it's an 11 minute walk from the PB rail station to the Ticket Centre. :(

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.