• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Uploading a few Belle Vue photos to the site this evening, here are a few shots of the Water Chute which closed at Belle Vue in 1978 and was relocated to the Pleasure Beach for the 1979 season. Later known as Vikingar.

I can't find any information as to whether this relocation was done by the Pleasure Beach company, or by a concessionaire. Also not sure how much of the ride was relocated - I wonder if some of the structure was new at the Pleasure Beach - hard to tell, looks thicker painted white.

I recall an early season ride on the Water Chute where the member of staff was distracted by some means and didn't brake our car. The corner was more uncomfortable than the slam in the station - when you consider the car only turned by colliding with the sides of the track, I guess that makes sense.

TheCarousel_BelleVueGallery1_6-768x509.jpg

TheCarousel_BelleVueGallery1_5-768x528.jpg

TheCarousel_BelleVueGallery1_4-768x526.jpg

@rob666 - did you ride the Bobs?

Rick, you mean man. He will be crying into his Hobgoblin, I’m sure he missed it by weeks / months. The Bobs looks awesome, those curves look insane. Always been fascinated by it

Months.
I still curse David Kitchen...top class juniors!
He rode it at the end of one season, by the time of my first youth visit a few months later...just a pile of dust and splinters.
The Scenic was 5p a ride, 2.5p rerides.
Got a quid off my mum, so I did ten rerides.
Realised I may have a problem with coasters.
Wanted to be a brake man.
Brake man told me it was a dying trade, and he had months to go.
He did.
Did the water chute in its last and first seasons, so to speak.
Cant remember any changes, but then again, I cant remember breakfast.
The tale at the time was that the light hoops over the track were reinforced, one fell in the wind and took someones head clean off.
Probably complete lies, but the coastal myth drifted around for many years.
Never mind the bobs, I only shed tears for the reel.

Blackpool have released details about their plans to reopen on July 4th.

Similar to all other parks, pre-book, temperature checks at entrance, limited numbers, etc.

However one big change, they are only doing e-tickets (no wristbands or pleasure beach pass), therefore you’ll only need to scan the ticket at the entrance and that’s all you’ll need. No need to visit the ticket centre or anything.

E-ticket can be printed or stored on your phone.

https://covid.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com

Could this potentially represent the start of them moving towards an entirely pay-one-price entry format, as I believe they were testing e-tickets in some form pre-COVID?

Presumably the turnstile will be unlocked, or not there.

Very thorough overview - good on them. Only thing missing is season pass arrangements?

I'd read it as you'll scan your phone / ticket at the parks entrance turnstiles and then instead of scanning a wristband at each ride you'll scan either your phone / ticket again?

I don't think they've scrapped scanning at the ride entrances...

I don't think they've scrapped scanning at the ride entrances...
If not, this sounds like a recipe for disaster...

Once you have made your booking online you will be able to claim a bar code for each ticket you have purchased. Each person in your group will need a bar coded eTicket to enter the park. These can all be held on one phone (for example in your Apple Wallet), each individuals phone, or printed off by yourself before you arrive. Please note Pleasure Beach Passes will not be available to purchase whilst we operate under these new COVID-19 procedures. The eTicket will be the only type of ticket available to purchase.

They must have...

I wonder what the daily numbers will be capped at? Surely they must be quite low. With social distance queueing, and empty seats left deliberately, I can’t imagine much riding being done on a given day. I guess the site will clearly indicate when a day is fully booked?

Re: empty seats, the trains round here have ‘NOT IN USE’ covers over the majority of seats. Are we realistically looking at 4 people going on Big Dipper at a time? If so I’m not sure I can be bothered with all this

Last edited:
I imagine early doors and the last hour will become vital.
What are they doing for deaf, stupid, eve season pass holders who dont have a mobile or printer?

I imagine early doors and the last hour will become vital.
What are they doing for deaf, stupid, eve season pass holders who dont have a mobile or printer?
Good point, and the libraries where I am are still closed so it's not like you could go in there to print off your tickets

I imagine they've considered it but guessed 95% will have a smartphone and they'll get numbers without worrying about the 5%

A socially distanced Ticket Centre will still operate for those who opt not to “book online to avoid disappointment”, so I assume a paper ticket is printed in this case, and could be printed for those without phones.

But then the access pass system moved to phones last year, and was an absolute nightmare if you didn’t have a phone with good 4G.

A socially distanced Ticket Centre will still operate for those who opt not to “book online to avoid disappointment”, so I assume a paper ticket is printed in this case, and could be printed for those without phones.

But then the access pass system moved to phones last year, and was an absolute nightmare if you didn’t have a phone with good 4G.

Why not just use the WiFi?

The WiFi would work if they had more capacity on it. Guest Services informed me the WiFi can only take around 120 people logged in at once. Not great with 5 or 6k on park.
As much as I'm sure the WiFi has too low a capacity for what's needed, that's definitely going to be a number pulled out of thin air :p

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.