• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

Word on the street is that a female was taken off the ride and placed in a neck brace.

Strangely, some hours later I saw a female sat in BPK with a staff member wearing a neck brace. I can only assume either the initial climb into the first hill jolted her neck forward, or at some point on the second section it threw her about a bit too much.

Has any media reported this? Can’t help but feel if this was at Alton Towers they would be all over it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hmmm, I find it very hard to believe a Mack Mega could be capable of injuring someone in such a way. Pre-existing condition, maybe?
Almost certainly, as was the casecond on the Nash a few years back.

That said, I can see why the first hill could catch an unprepared rider out

Apologies for the double post by the way.

Hmmm, I find it very hard to believe a Mack Mega could be capable of injuring someone in such a way. Pre-existing condition, maybe?

You'd be surprised just how weak some peoples necks are, the most vigorous activity Joe or Joanne Public usually does is to move their head up over their computer screen when someone calls their name, pulling 4G is something they do on their phone, not themselves, you can always tell who has a weak neck by standing in the photo points in the exit shop and looking at the photos, on Colossus at Thorpe 90% of the photos have the person in the "head between their legs kissing their arse goodbye" position because they don't have the strength to hold their heads up in the corners and by the time they've got to that particular photo point, they've given up and look like a rag doll.

Last edited:
I can't honestly see OTSR''s being used much. They have to be the most uncomfortable restraints going (maybe excluding G force and the Nash!)

Hopefully Icon will go some way to proving to the GP that you don't need them just because a ride goes up side down.

Word on the street is that a female was taken off the ride and placed in a neck brace.

Strangely, some hours later I saw a female sat in BPK with a staff member wearing

a neck brace. I can only assume either the initial climb into the first hill jolted her neck forward, or at some point on the second section it threw her about a bit too much.

Well that's it then. If the rumours are to be believed about a certain other ride at PB then that surely means Icon is now totally uninsurable.

I expect Amanda to throw a massive strop, followed by the ride being closed for maintenance until the end of the season, then a secret demolition sometime around Christmas !!

On the plus side, just think of how many bits of metal they could sell in the shop :)

Edit: dipper_dave beat me to the uninsurable joke. Or is it a joke ? Who knows.

Last edited:
This is still the best bird strike:

buschgardens-fabio-roller-coaster-1999apr.jpg

I did also once witness Knightmare decapitate a pigeon!

:)