• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

There were quite a few. Plump issues on Wednesday while I was there. People moved to the back row. We were asked to swap from back on one ride.

Not that it’s an issue, as front row all the way baby ! :p

Anyone else think it's poor that if you've got back row and a seat swap takes place, you lose the row and have to go in a different (potentially worse) seat.

Ideally they could put you back behind the airgates ready for the next train, and fill the empty row with the next guests ìn line - though maybe his would slow throughput down?

Anyone else think it's poor that if you've got back row and a seat swap takes place, you lose the row and have to go in a different (potentially worse) seat.

Ideally they could put you back behind the airgates ready for the next train, and fill the empty row with the next guests ìn line - though maybe his would slow throughput down?
Completely unacceptable Jamie.
I have been in a queue of four big people waiting for the back seat last weekend.
When that happens, a roadblock is created, stopping the people behind getting past.
Perhaps there should be four big boy seats at the back and not two.
Lots of lard in Blackpool, all that walking at the Towers keeps the punters that bit slimmer.

Last edited:
If the back row has such a restriction, what do they do with Speedy Pass/Disabled who are between the minimums?

I just have a look around when I'm in the station, if I see someone who will be on my train that looks like they won't fit, I go second to back row instead of the very back.

On 2 trains but every other one being sent round empty. Anyone know why? At least the queue is not out of the station and it’s a lovely day to be at the Beach :cool:

Exciting stuff, just seen the transfer track move to bring the third train on. All 3 now on but nothing is moving :confused:

Edit: Third train sat in station for a few minutes, then went back where it came from! Back on two trains but at least both are being filled now. Just got my first front row ride. Totally awesome!

Last edited:
You rotten sod Dave.
I couldn't get to play out due to work, and Icon is walk on in the sun.
Shouldn't you be fixing the clucking railways instead of playing out.
Roll on next Friday.
Your bloody round.

Rob, I had a spare front row seat next to me too. You would have been on it if some people weren’t too lazy to mow their own lawns and pull their own weeds out

I'm also at pleasure beach today. Everything is pretty much walk on. Great fun in the sun! My only question is why is the Big One so bumpy? Maybe I'm comparing it to Icon - which is so smoooooooth!

I'm also at pleasure beach today. Everything is pretty much walk on. Great fun in the sun! My only question is why is the Big One so bumpy? Maybe I'm comparing it to Icon - which is so smoooooooth!

This is the thing now - people will start comparing every other coaster to Icon. Still amazed that people want to ride it 20 times in a row, variety is what I love about BPB - so many other rides to get on too. 3 is enough for now, time for BK !

If the back row has such a restriction, what do they do with Speedy Pass/Disabled who are between the minimums?

The same as they do with anyone above 130 but below 150, stick them in any row bar the back.

It's not uncommon to see 2 trains on and one going empty. It usually means it's not busy enough to run 2 but too busy to drop to 1, they run one empty and if/when the queue builds up they can open the second up and bust the queue.

The advantage's of having it empty are it doesn't need to be checked and rechecked, it can almost coast through. The Avalanche runs this way on some days.

Hey Nick. Good to meet you today and share my very first ride on ICON with you, back row as well. :) Even though we got stuck on the breaks before going back into the station due to a short technical fault it didn't ruin in one bit. A good chance to have a nerdy coaster chat. Hahaha

ICON was brilliant today. 5 goes in total, 2 at back, 1 on front and 2 middle. Definitely a great coaster but just narrowly misses my UK 1. Nemmy still not moved yet. Blackpool should be proud of it though. Excellent addition and I can't wait to go back on Tuesday with my brother for a monster ICON session. :)

I don't know where it was originally said that Icon's max throughput was 960pph, but it was exceeding 1200pph yesterday.

I think 960pph must be refering to the max capacity on 2 trains.

I don't know where it was originally said that Icon's max throughput was 960pph, but it was exceeding 1200pph yesterday.

I think 960pph must be refering to the max capacity on 2 trains.
Out of interest, how long were queues yesterday Mako?