• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

For me BPB don't open late enough either let alone Tower's.

Summer holidays and bank holidays are often not the nightmare everyone expect's at BPB. Sure they are busy but not enough to prevent you getting things done.

These 'trip days' we are seeing now are a nightmare though. Because they all leave when they do their justification to extend is zero, meaning the average person would probably get a better day (as Rob says above) arriving at 4pm, finding everything almost walk on for 3 hours and leaving, rather than dealing with those kind of ridiculous crowds and trying to do 10-7.

I think people overrate BPB's 7pm closes because they're better than other parks, but it's worth remembering that up until midway through 2016 8pm was the standard closing time for holidays, Saturdays etc. And yes, that did include Nickelodeon Land!

BPB's closing times are also very unreliable, if it rains they may close 2 hours earlier.

Those 8pm closed disappearing gas meant a lot less Friday visits in the summer for me.

When they changed it, it was under this ‘earliest closing time’ guise, but in reality it’s just meant closing an hour earlier nearly every day.

I'm in the South West (the Gloucestershire area, to be precise.), and I haven't seen any Icon advertising yet. WM, on the other hand; I saw that advert for the 5th or 6th time yesterday. I've also seen 2 or 3 adverts for Year of TWD at Thorpe. But none for Icon. I did see a general BPB advert in about March, but Icon was not mentioned once!

There is wall to wall Merlin ads on the kids channels down here (plus weird ones like Movies24 and Motorsport.tv), I even saw one for Drayton a while back, but I have never, ever seen an ad for BPB in nearly 50 years of masterful television watching.

I guess they have their reasons, I mean you've got to be pretty dedicated to drive six to eight hours to Blackpool when Disneyland Paris is closer.

There is wall to wall Merlin ads on the kids channels down here (plus weird ones like Movies24 and Motorsport.tv), I even saw one for Drayton a while back, but I have never, ever seen an ad for BPB in nearly 50 years of masterful television watching.

I guess they have their reasons, I mean you've got to be pretty dedicated to drive six to eight hours to Blackpool when Disneyland Paris is closer.
I've seen ads for Icon on Facebook a lot, can't help but think they're wasting their money targeting me

I've seen ads for Icon on Facebook a lot, can't help but think they're wasting their money targeting me
Likewise, I see these appear on my feed most days - BPB seem to be targeting regular page visitors and/or people who already like the page (if they are using FB Business Manager) which seems odd to me.

Likewise, I see these appear on my feed most days - BPB seem to be targeting regular page visitors and/or people who already like the page (if they are using FB Business Manager) which seems odd to me.
I notice that about adverts online. I always see ads for things I've either just bought or had a look at and decided not to buy.

What's really scary is when privacy-oblivious people at work keep seeing adverts for things we have just been talking about, because they all think Siri is their friend and keep it turned on 24/7. :tinfoil:

Yeah the advert is weak. People respond better to human images (such as showing people on the ride) whilst it should also display the product itself. Currently it's vague as to what it's actually about.

Do we think that's caused by the date of its production? As in, the ride wasn't finished?

Is there a new Wicker Man advert with the ride in it, or just the thing of people in the woods?

I haven't even seen the Icon advert yet. I have seen plenty for Wicker Man this season (including an advert on the big screen at London Euston station) and last week I even saw an advert for Drayton Manor, but Icon... still nothing. Maybe it's based on demographics and Pleasure Beach don't think it's worth paying for adverts in the south-east?

Has the mist been running ok? Not sure why theme parks have mist if it is so unreliable (WM/Oblivion and Icon)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Has the mist been running ok? Not sure why theme parks have mist if it is so unreliable (WM/Oblivion and Icon)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The staff say they have been told to keep it off to conserve water during the heatwave.

Reactions: pj