• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

I have ridden Infusion this year, and unless you haven't seen it in the flesh, you're not missing much! ;)

Seriously, as much as I try and look for the positives in everything I ride, the only positive I can find in Infusion is its visual appeal. Actually, I suppose the SLC layout is quite good, but the pain is too distracting to notice that, in my opinion.

It's a shame. I remember riding it the week or perhaps the week after it opened at Pleasureland and it was butter smooth. It's so weird how they have aged like they have - but seemingly not all of them.

I'm in Blackpool for work today, if I nip to the park later I might just go for a hang and/or bang.

Yeah it was great at Southport. The orange train was a lot less used if I remember correctly, I bet that was glass smooth. I only saw it on a few times so didn't get many goes on it.

Was at PL earlier this week....it's depressing!

They were swapped out season by season, I think. Both were usually serviceable. I only ever saw it two trains once!

That tweet was a few weeks ago. There's an image this morning of what appears to be a train covered in tarp after the s-bends following the incline loop.

39453672_10216833470931723_1792767036372287488_n.jpg

Well it was said right from the start that BPB were always intending to launch this ride at the "absolute minimum speed possible" to save litteral pennies on the leccy bill. Looks like that might be coming back to haunt them now.

Ideally they would now see the error of their ways and rectify this. I doubt it would take much of a speed increase to ensure this can't happen again. A single mph would probably do the job.

Afterall, they wouldn't want people to see a stalled train and start getting reminded of The Smiler, would they? ;)