• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

Pleasure Beach is 100% an amusement park. It just happens to have some qualities of a theme park, such as Valhalla, Nick Land and the high-production shows.

Using the term 'theme park' for marketing is to elevate the status of the park and seem more attractive to the potential guest.

Theme Park, Amusement Park. It's all the same to me!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Doesn't really change how I feel about the park anyway. It's a sea side park and it just feels normal that it's an Amusement Park to me.

Cedar Point is argubaly an amusement park also and they don't seem to do too bad do they? ;)

Back, that is if you're able to pick your row. The station is very cramped and will most likely have a "Big One style" filter system.

Credit to PB Experience on Facebook.

27907933_1973154442702552_2751074800646502586_o.jpg

27788178_1973154379369225_5255289255948369113_o.jpg

The more I see, the more you realise the prevalence of twists in the track. Apart from the first airtime hill there doesn’t appear there’s going to be many moments of airtime. Perhaps a few pops here and there.

It’ll be interesting to see how much variation of elements/experience there actually is. I hope it doesn’t end up feeling like just one twist after another after another, without anything to break it up. The only significant breaks I can see are the launches, first hill, in-line and Immelmann.

The more I see, the more you realise the prevalence of twists in the track. Apart from the first airtime hill there doesn’t appear there’s going to be many moments of airtime. Perhaps a few pops here and there.

It’ll be interesting to see how much variation of elements/experience there actually is. I hope it doesn’t end up feeling like just one twist after another after another, without anything to break it up. The only significant breaks I can see are the launches, first hill, in-line and Immelmann.

I can see what you mean, but Taron is basically all twisting and that ride is fabulous!

As for airtime, we have the hill after the first launch, the drop down into the 2nd launch, the airtime hill before the helix and the outer banked airtime hill.