• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

Whoever's taking photos of this really knows how to get a good angle!

Would any of the team have a problem with me posting a screenshot from the (most likely illegal) drone footage from earlier today? Thought I'd ask to be on the safe side.

It's a really good angle :p

Well there's been plenty of drone footage posted already, for both Icon and Wickerman. I doubt it will be a problem, unless the team have implimented a new policy and kelt it quiet?

Well there's been plenty of drone footage posted already, for both Icon and Wickerman. I doubt it will be a problem, unless the team have implimented a new policy and kelt it quiet?
Ok Diogo, this is on you :p

javxat.png

That heartline roll :eek: omg

I love how it kinda just falls out of the roll into tight banking and then another drop (with some air probably) into the tunnel.

Even the banked double up looks really nice.

This was my least anticipated section of Icon, and it is looking amazing!

Is it me or does that support touch the track at the base of the first drop! That's definitely not enough clearance.

I sincerely hope the multi-national, multi-coaster manufacturer has considered this and isn't planning on opening an unsafe ride!
:p

Seriously though. That support structure inside Steeplechase. Seriously.
2O53KhH.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome pic Mako, that banking looks incredible. Seems like you’re right on your side going over Steeplechase. Steeple just got a whole lot more exciting !

Reminds me of what I'd build in RCT3 with the "Steelworx" set, but only after I had a layout I was happy with.... then realised there was no sane, realistic place to put the supports, so I had to get creative. :p

The station cladding really is hideous, I pray that it's not the final exterior finish!

:)