• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

I really should of held back from reading posts from the general public on the BBC news post. "What a boring looking ride, barely goes upside down" "£15 million and only goes 50 mph" "Well that was disinteresting. 1 barrel role and a half loop/half roll in the entire thing? Guess my personal record of 13 straight years without any desire to go to Blackpool is going to be undisrupted"
It makes me a little angry... just a little.....

Well, I did warn you.

This isn't "the GP", most of who will surely love this.

This is just a predictable brigade of cynical, jaded social media users. They appear to like to feeling clever by commenting how much better they'd have made the ride, having watched 10 seconds on their phone while flicking through news feeds.

A bummer that the cynicism for theme parks is so vocal though, yet again. Some people love to despise British entertainment these days even when its decent. Icon looks awesome!

Last edited:
Got to love some of the comments. One saying it's a boring ride and they haven't visited in 19 years... like Blackpool cares.

Online comments have never been indicative of how popular a ride will be. Most of those comments will be from keyboard warriors that no doubt post something negative on every single news piece on that page.

Comments on the official BPB page are more realistic.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

One person even said "19 seconds in and it goes through the frame of the other roller coaster... hope they haven't stuck to their plans."

Also, I think a lot of people still judge things based on statistics, as when I was talking to my parents about this, their first questions were "how tall is it?" and "how fast is it?" When I told them that it was 88ft tall and went 50mph, they said "that's really slow for a modern coaster!" I then explained to them about how it would probably feel faster on the ride due to the pacing etc, but my point still stands.

You can't really blame people who haven't ridden many coasters for judging things based on stats, though, as it's often the only point of reference they have with new ride types.

Daily dose of anger and frustration, you're welcome :)

Thing is, some of y'all sound just as ridiculous as the posts above when talking about another topic......

maxresdefault.jpg

:p

Last edited:
If I was PB I wouldn't be overly concerned.

The majority of people who write this sort of rubbish aren't the people who would have visited anyway.

Moreover, a disproportionate percentage of PB's visitation is via tourism and day tripping spontaneously - so the complete opposite of the type of people complaining on a Facebook video.

:)

4bb.PNG

Hilarious... :p
In their defence, we can't decide which is better yet. But in terms of "there's more to do at Alton", BPB has an equal amount of coaster credits to Alton and multitudes of rides, so that argument is sort of flawed.

In their defence, we can't decide which is better yet. But in terms of "there's more to do at Alton", BPB has an equal amount of coaster credits to Alton and multitudes of rides, so that argument is sort of flawed.

Let's be honest, I think we already know that Icon will be the better ride. Not to say that Wicker Man won't also be a good coaster, but still.