• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

It does run two on busier days and now the queue line has changed it's longer. I remember queuing 30mins when it re-opened as Nick Streak :confused:
Nickelodeon Streak hasn't run two trains since the current trains were put on it (a few years before the Nick Streak refurb in 2011 I think), this causes it to get longer queues than it should have.

Not that I like to agree with Jamie (;))...
Nick streak has never run 2 trains,
and only gets longer queues than the Dipper because of its terrible throughput.
The Dipper is a lovely old ride that needs keeping,
but it runs very hit and miss,
great on busy days,
but very slow off peak unless it is raining.

I knew it was a single train job! I think they have an old train from Velvet Coaster in the station though? It's a couple of years since I went there.

I'm sure someone said they have ran two at some point over the last few years. I mean they have the 2 trains there now, due to how popular the ride became when it re-opened they bodged one up.

Mandy tweeted a few days ago that nothing is happening in 2017. Not sure where that leaves this, as work is clearly ongoing

Amanda Thompson OBE ‏@MandsThompson 15 Dec 2015
@JackVTaylor @Pleasure_Beach not in 2017. We have 2016 to look forward to and celebrating 120 years of @Pleasure_Beach loads of parties
and
when asked what's happening in 2017 and then what's happening around the Tom Sawyer bridge. There certainly doesn't seem to be enough time to get anything of any real substance built in time for next year, and Nick even mentioned that it would take a long time for the groundwork and construction. I wonder if Nick wasn't supposed to mention the plans?

There has been no sign about Project 2017 at all that I am aware of,
not seen one at all last season as a regular...
(but won't be there this year as my season pass will be a Merlin one !).
And there was only one sticker,
on Morgan Thompson's car,
for a few weeks.
Proud to say I did see that one though,
and pulled Morgan's leg about it on the Revolution.
Twas nothing more than a brief teaser,
and it worked.
I wish it would be sooner,
but I think we won't see this coaster until 2018 at the earliest,
maybe 2019 sadly.

But didn't Nick say work has started and will take 18 months. Work clearly has started as the bridge has been removed, and 18 months would be 2017. I think Lordy is right and Amanda is trying to stop people putting off visiting this year and waiting for 2017.

As a director of a park, you don't put people off visiting regardless of the lack of new additions.

Last edited:
I think Tom Sawyer bridge is being replaced so it can handle the weight of a crane if/when construction on something new starts.

Just thought I'd draw attention to this tweet from Amanda. She does love playing games on Twitter. :p

2016_01_07_20_04_40_Amanda_Thompson_OBE_on_Twitt.jpg