• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

The trains don't have onboard audio, just the lighting package.

Once the landscaping is complete, it will look like a Japanese orchard with blossom on trees, pagodas and rock work. Icon does have a story behind it, believe it or not.

Will be nice to see something like this, I don’t think Blackpool need to go down the theming route but heavy stylisation will be good.

Always had a soft spot for pleasure beach and have long since wanted someone to compete with Merlin so I’m hoping this goes down well with guests. Hope the coaster rides well and isn’t prone to a slowing of the launches.

The trains don't have onboard audio, just the lighting package.

Once the landscaping is complete, it will look like a Japanese orchard with blossom on trees, pagodas and rock work. Icon does have a story behind it, believe it or not.
Please may you elaborate (Or say what you can say) please!

Especially with the rockwork bit!

Just thought I'd say this a little bit but I hope word gets out about this coaster to the GP, ecause at the moment I know that no one I know (except me) knows about Icon, I know quite a few people are talking abot Wicker Man but not Icon.

Yeah, I don't expect the PR campaign to be like what Merlin does but I hope this ride has a good PR campaign and gets people in the North of England talking about this ride.

27913108_1975539119130751_1943444381850101338_o.jpg

Credit to PB Experience.

EDIT; another picture :)
27908139_1975545119130151_9197910194350421497_o.jpg

The SkyForce plaza is going to be insane this year!

Last edited: