• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

There is another support, where the last bend which is yet to go in is, that also looks misaligned. It’s tye support closest to Avalanche. The bracket for the track seems to sit further back and higher up than all the other supports.

Of course there’s a few explanations for this, including me being wrong, a wrong bit of installation or maybe something a bit more interesting.

I heard somewhere that they are apparently hoping to put the final track piece in tomorrow. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

I heard somewhere that they are apparently hoping to put the final track piece in tomorrow. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

Considering they've still got to construct the access ramp and final corner, I'd be surprised if it is tomorrow. Which of the veelogs did you hear that on?

The whole thing looks even cooler than I thought it would, but seeing it in person did make me wonder how long it will take for it to look a part of the furniture.

The whole thing is absolutely mammoth. It rips through areas that haven't been touched for decades. It'll be interesting to see if the ride claims the old Tom Sawyer lake as its own, or if it feels like Icon has been placed in the Tom Sawyer lake.

Last edited:
After seeing it in person for the first time, the first thing to shout out to me was the close clearances on this thing, flipping everywhere!
The knot of track at ground level between the sky force and big one stations is just crazy, it simply looks too close to work, stunning stuff, bit like the footpath by nemesis's helix. Real close up geekery.

Just hope there is a bar nearby so I can stand there all day with a pint in my hand!

Last edited:
27912875_2320594714633144_6933476358479115197_o.jpg

I noticed over the weekend that Mandy said on Twitter that although the station is not yet finished, she think it looks good now! I can't help but find that comment concerning, the above is borderline worse than The Smiler's which at least is a little out of the way.

Seeing all these photos of Icon has got me even more excited though, the airtime hill in particular looks spectacular!

:)

So if they go over budget and are looking for things to trim, if the station looks ‘okay as it is’, any embellishments to it may be first on the chopping block.

Worrying.

I still think, even though it’s allegedly not finished, it is a badly designed carbuncle. It ruins the otherwise great sight lines from the bridge across to Big One, Sky Force and what would have been the rest of Icon. It needs to be softer and less imposing. Even a curved roof would help.

I’ve said it before, but at the moment it’s just an out of scale, badly positioned box. It feels as though it shouldn’t be there when you see it stood next to Big Dipper at the top of the ramp. It doesn’t draw you in because there’s nothing to see and the closer you get to it the more your view of the rest of the park (and Icon itself) is obscured. If anything it actively repels me. No amount of additions to the existing structure will serve to solve this problem.

It’s my one current disappointment from what otherwise looks to be an incredible ride. I hope they can somehow fixit, but I fear they can’t.

I noticed over the weekend that Mandy said on Twitter that although the station is not yet finished, she think it looks good now! I can't help but find that comment concerning
Don't worry, any other cladding and decoration would have a long lead time so would have had to be manufactured or at least started already. It's too late to save money by making big aesthetic cuts at this point, so hopefully her comment wasn't anything srious!

I get that it’s not finished, but whatever they add to it is not going to make the station itself smaller or less domineering.