• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blithering Lodge: The new topic. (VERY picture heavy)

:eek: I'm speechless. This is amazing! I could never have the patience to make the creations that you do! I'm sad that you've run out of space but I wouldn't want to get rid of rides like that either!

Clap, clap, clap. ;D

That's absolutely beautiful, I'm in awe, I want one, now.

Can I just ask what the inspiration behind the name is? I don't really understand it...

The name of the coaster? Gaol is the old English spelling of jail, So it's pronounced "Jail Break".... Not to be confused with "goal" ;)

Well I see you finally managed to get an Intamin Blitz working :D

Firstly I like the chaotic city streets. It feels like the town has been built up over time rather than just appearing. It’s the style I was trying to use from one of my old March garden rides (Exile) but taken to a whole new level. I also think Mangonel fits in quite well with the below ground level entrance. I’m surprised that hasn’t been tried before.

So onto Gaol Break and I think I’ll just list what I really liked or we’ll be here all day:

+ I love the three act progression. Saving the inversions and larger elements to act two was also a good move.

+ The terrain interaction mixed with airtime hills looks fantastic (although still pictures alone probably don’t do it justice).

+ Nice Jive at Intamin’s restraint system :p I see you couldn't resist ending with a Blue Fire finale roll.

+ That's a good looking maintenance shed. With everyone else getting so good at them I need to consider one for my next coaster (which is long overdue now that I think about it).

Now let’s have The Quest POV so we can see this (not to mention Bodie and all the other recent ride’s) in action.

I had no idea what this thread was about and hadn't viewed it until today. I've just read through the entire thing now. :eek: I feel like I should just throw my RCT disk in the fire, I am so impatient and incapable in comparison to you - the level of detail is incredible and the theming is out of this world. It's just inconceivable that you managed to successfully build up a park from scratch with a full storyline that works and progresses just like a real park - it's just amazing. :)

Once again, I'm late to the party to comment, but I have been following this topic in the shadows for a wee while now, all I can say is probably what everyone else has said, bloody good job here. ;)

Now, I have to get my RCT3 works to be this good...eek!

Thanks guys :)

I have just finished editing The Quest's POV, and should be uploading it to Youtube tonight this morning. :D

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you....
The Quest!

(It's only just uploaded, and is currently a bit jerky for me. I'm hoping that's because it's still processing.)

It's great to finally get a 100% clear idea on the layout! And it beats the endless amount B&Ms that litter Youtube as well ;)

23041364.jpg

DiogoJ42 said:
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you....
The Quest!

(It's only just uploaded, and is currently a bit jerky for me. I'm hoping that's because it's still processing.)

I like the use of the current Katanga Pizza Pasta Star Wars sounding theme for the establishing shots! ;)

I know that your 'done' with the park at this stage, but if you were to come back to it, instead of a new ride, maybe add a hotel perhaps. :)

That's an interesting idea. Though I think for it to work, I'd have to go into the scenario editor and add new land, otherwise where would I put it?

DiogoJ42 said:
That's an interesting idea. Though I think for it to work, I'd have to go into the scenario editor and add new land, otherwise where would I put it?

Well for what I'm doing for mine (SPOILERS!) I'm just using a different park for it as I have no more room on my one. Now, to build this hotel for mine...

Damn you, now I'm getting ideas of going crazy in the scenario editor, adding hotel space, a monorail to link it with the entrance etc.... Though I still think I would keep the park itself the same size, otherwise it would feel like cheating.

Yaaaay, my favourite park is back from the land of the lost. Brilliant Diogo, but now that we've just got it back please don't abandon it :(.

Carry on...

I would never abandon my baby! Just because I don't plan on adding any more coasters does not mean I'm done with it ;)

There are still loads of POVs to come, a potential special "final" video... and I have just opened it up in the scenario editor to investigate the possibility of a hotel...

A progress update for y'all:

I've gone a bit crazy in the scenario editor. Just experimenting at the moment, so there' no guarantee that this will actually happen, buuuuuut..... I've added an entrance plaza and ticket kiosks (something that was implied but never actually there). It includes a monorail station to link to a potential hotel site.
As for the hotel itself, I have no idea yet. I'm debating if it should include a water park or not? I've never been that good at them.

On a side note, does anyone know how that would work if it is seperate to the park itself? I wouldn't want it to connect directly to the main park as that would just be plain wrong. At the moment, the monorail station is outside the park grounds, so it's non functional as a real form of trasnport to the hotel / pool complex.

If you were to have the hotel and such in the same save file, peeps would just wonder around outside the park in the plaza, although they would use the monorail and pool. They will go into the park eventually, but you can easily change guest generation rate to 200% to compensate. Depending on how you work it, it will honestly look good and is better than having separate save files.

*goes to gets pictures of how mine works in one of my parks*