• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blithering Lodge: The new topic. (VERY picture heavy)

DiogoJ42 said:
LOL. RCT4 will come the day I have hair like Magrathea.

I'll quote this post again when the time comes ;)

I must say I'm impressed. Although the Waterpark looks a tad too big from the outside the scale looks perfect inside, something which I didn't think was possible. Well done mate :D

I know what you mean about scale. If I had more room to play with, I would have put a 90' bend in the hotel, since most park hotels are... err, "kinky" :p

I'd say the water park is at least twice the size of Cariba... yet the hotel has barely half as many rooms as Splash. I've always found scale a hard thing to judge in RCT. What looks right on it's own never looks right next to other buildings.

The scaling issue is because each square is 4 meters. A standard hotel room is only 3 meters across at most. The Waterpark is even more of an issue because those 4 meter slides are only 1 meter in reality. Ideally if there is a RCT4 they'll copy The Sims 3 and cut the tile size both in half and allow non tiled positioning. At least we already have a quatre tile option for custem scenery. But when you think about it each section of path is 4 meters wide, fine for midways but a pain for designing queue lines.

I always wondered what the official dimensions were. I've also always thought queues should be half a tile wide! :p

Beautiful work.

Despite not being one the forum 'oldies' I lurked for a long time on the other site watching the RCT3 section with growing interest. It was Gruntpuddle that caught my eye, and I stumbled across Blithering Lodge by spying the same username. Watching the care, realism and effort you've poured into your park throughout the years, all I can do is applaud you. Mock interviews, tongue-in-cheek real world references and sheer silliness (Skitzo's back-story for example) has entertained many on these forums for a long time and you deserve to be commended for that.

The park is landscaped fantastically well, and you've tamed an infuriating programme with apparent ease. Coasters such as Baodie and Gaol Break set examples not just for other game players but for manufacturers themselves, with the layouts looking thrilling and unexpected. A sense of atmosphere and imagination bounce around and I can sense the excitement as you display your masterpieces to everybody.

The resort is a great send-off, completing the project with a stylish and fulfilling finale. The park and grounds look established and the hotel/waterpark put Alton's to shame. The flumes look fun and the theming/sky-lobby impressed me highly.

Congratulations, good sir, for creating a park which has inspired and entertained many, many people. Thank you very much for teaching me to play RCT3 through this, and I can only look to the future with anticipation to see what's coming next.

Well now, look what we have here...

Part 6.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LGPw2pEOuA&feature=slpl[/youtube]

This video covers Mooncusser and Toboggan Run. Enjoy!

Is the next one of that woodie I forget the name of?

One of the best woodies I've seen in RCT3 that is. :)

The plan is:
PART 7: The inquisitor and BAODIE
PART 8: Spinmeister and Skitzo Squirrel
PART 9: Gaol Break and Luau Lagoon
PART 10: ???????? ;)

Part 10, a giant firework display to celebrate one of the greatest RCT parks in existence?

Did Thorpe really use that track for Rumba at fright nights? I've only ever heard Duel's soundtrack used.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62TEljaPzo0[/youtube]

Well, that's what it's labled as in my RCT music folder. Would have been several years ago, admittedly. I have no doubt that it was nicked from a film... just didn't know which film.

Loving the queue for Inquisitor, nice & interesting! BOADIE is incredible! Best RCT dive machine I've seen! Many people make long & interesting dive machines, but don't take into account how not-so flexible the dive machine is, how it can't handle tight helixes & twists due to its size. But you seem to have really nailed it here! The perfect mix between realistic & interesting. Oh and was I being told by some bloke from Texas that he's big in japan???

By the way, what set did you use for the inside of the tunnel of the last drop on BOADIE? I've seen those grey steps used before in RCT videos, but always wondered where I can get hold of em'?

:)

Of course, "Big in Japan" is an intentional joke.... given that BAODIE is Chinese themed ;)

The grey walls come from a set called "Stadium Seating".