• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blithering Lodge: The new topic. (VERY picture heavy)

At the moment it's a towers style set up with the monorail station on the far side of the kiosks from the entrance. Not sure how I could connect it to the park, but I'm sure it'd be possible.

The park is bigger than the outside, but I've made the car parks and such larger on the diagram. Inbetween the hotel, carpark and Entrance plaza is the main path that guests walk up. This is where the guest spawners are. There is also a path that runs parallel to the monorail from the entrance plaza to the monorail station 1, with the loos half way up.

parklayout.png

Some photos of the monorail stations, car park, hotel and such you can find here for any ideas.

So you can fit it all into one park save file. Just work your normal magic and everything should be fine ;)

Basically, I need to have the entrance monorail accessable from within the park, don't I? Basically, EP style rather than AT style.

Try it in each way you see possible, then choose the solution you like. Then it's the case of deciding where to plonk the hotel and what sort of style you'll give it. I think it would look great if you gave it a similar style to the lodge itself ;)

Well at the moment, it's won't let me connect a queue to the station, even though the ride will open. So I guess I'm going to have to connect it to the innards of the park somehow.

Depending on where you've put the station, you could have the queue head directly over the entrance to Welcome Street, and cover it up with a building of some sort, something similar to the railroad at Magic Kingdom. Then have the queue descend into one of the buildings on Welcome Street and have that as an official monorail entrance building.

Hmmmm. I wonder if a tunnel would have the same effect? Might have to try that.

UPDATE: I've rebuilt the park entrance to incorporate the new monorail station, Europa Park style. Infact, I'm using the EP Express CTR, as it has nice gentle slopes and wide curves. The only downside is that the trains have "EP Express" written on them! :p

The footprint of a hotel has been mapped out. I'm working on the basis of each room being 2 x 3 squares. This is seriously complicated. In order to make it believable, I'm having to at least plan the entire hotel, even if most of the interior never gets built.

An "official" update will come in due course, but I'm still very much experimenting at the moment.

This sounds like an incredibly challenging and gruelling hotel project here Diogo but, considering your massive effort to make Lodge a virtual world class park, I think you'll do fine with it! Maybe even good? ;) Hoping it'll be EP inspired much like the monorail and entrance since you can't go wrong with 4 star!

DiogoJ42 said:
In order to make it believable, I'm having to at least plan the entire hotel, even if most of the interior never gets built.

At least make a bar and create a flashing light 'No Children' sign outside? :p

You know me Rowe, I always take things to unecessary levels of complexity. ;)
Still not built a single wall of the hotel yet. Too busy working on what sits behind it...

DiogoJ42 said:
The footprint of a hotel has been mapped out. I'm working on the basis of each room being 2 x 3 squares. This is seriously complicated. In order to make it believable, I'm having to at least plan the entire hotel, even if most of the interior never gets built.

You no doubt remember the chat we had on AT's Monorail a few weeks back about RCT hotels ;) Just don't make the mistake I did with Rivervale and try to furnish any rooms for the sake of image :p It led to the inevitable death of the park, with the file becoming too large :(

What I tend to do with hotels in RCT3 is just furnish one or two rooms (perhaps a generic room and a themed room?) and then use these rooms to show others what the hotel looks like. Then furnish and create the main spaces (so dining area, reception, bar, gaming room etc...).

That would be my advice on how to go about it. It save times and as Ian has said it saves your park file size.

Believe me, it is SOOOO tempting to fit out ALL the rooms! :p Wouldn't be too hard either, could just save each room as a module and plonk them down... But you are right, that's a bad idea.

Still working on things at the moment. It's going to be a while yet.

Greetings Lodge lovers! I come bearing fantastic news, hot off the grapevine.
My sources have informed me that His Lordship has finally been able to purchase the house of a certain Ms. Irene Bourk! This means two things:
1) the only person in England who was holding the park back is no longer local, and
2) the park has gained a bit more land.

Now, you may be thinking, "So what? One house is not enough space to do anything with." But those of us who are local will know that she owned a thin but long strip of land aproximately 200 yards from the park. This, combined with land that His Lordship owned anyway, (but was never part of the park) creates a huge area to play with!

And just what does His Grace have planned, you ask? Well, I can hardly believe it myself.

Word amongst the staff is that he wants to build a waterpark hotel! Could it be that our beloved "Blithering Lodge Theme Park" is soon to be "Blithering Lodge Resort"?

Answers on a postcard....

Bringing us up to the present day, 2012 sees the opening of the parks spanking new four star hotel and water park; Tiki Lodge and Luau Lagoon!
Hotelfront.jpg

Why spend thousands of pounds flying half way round the world, when you can have your dream Hawaiian holiday right here, at Blithering Lodge?

The park's entrance plaza has been remodelled to add a monorail shuttle to the hotel.
Plaza1.jpg

Plaza2.jpg

Plaza3.jpg

The view from the ride may not be as exciting as other parks' but it the route was chosen for speed and efficiency. The track takes you round the perimeter of the park, behind Filbert's Fun factory, and past the coach park, staff car park, and maintenance workshop. (Note: these are not new, they were always there, but off the game map ;) )

Coachandstaffcarparks.jpg

Workshop.jpg

At the other end of the line, the station is themed to match the hotel.

hotelstation.jpg

hotelplaza1.jpg

The hotel features a grand lobby, decorated to feel like it is outside, with a central water feature.
hotelloby1.jpg

hotelloby2.jpg

It has 136 family rooms, each sleeping four guests, as well as 3 luxury suites. On the top floor, the Hula Bar has terraces at the front of the building, and on the other side, looks down over the water park.

The hotel appears massive from within the park, because unlike most hotels, all the rooms are in one straight wing. The means that the majority of rooms get a view over the theme park, while the few that don't face the outside area of the water park.

HtelwideBAODIE.jpg

hotelwideMooncusser.jpg

outside1.jpg

There is a small side gate that connects the hotel directly to The Lawns area of the park, passing under The Quest.
hotelparkentrance.jpg

The water park itself is mostly under cover. It has 11 body flumes (3 of which plus a bowl flume are outside), an Aqua Blaster called Hula Blaster, A large lagoon pool, several smaller pools, a huge lazy river, several hot tubs and a giant tipping bucket!
insidebucket.jpg

Hulablaster.jpg

inside1.jpg

inside2.jpg

inside3.jpg

inside4.jpg

inside5.jpg

inside6.jpg

The lazy river is the largest in the UK, and includes both indoor and outdoor sections.

Lazy1.jpg

Lazy2.jpg

Lazy3.jpg

Lazy4.jpg

The outdoor area of Luau Lagoon has a relaxing pool, a lot of lazy river, a hot tub for colder days, a large splash pool for the three outdoor flumes, and a smaller splash pool for the bowl flume.

outside2.jpg

outside6.jpg

outside5.jpg

outside4.jpg

So now we truly are up to date. While I may make a few minor tweaks here and there for the sake of POVs, that's about it for Blithering Lodge.

But do not despair! For there are still many videos to come. Though it's only fair to warn you that they may take a while. I'm off to Tilburg Kermis and Phantasialand tomorrow, then when I get back I'm working 23 straight 11 hour days on the trot, with no time off! :eek: But hopefully this will keep you ticking over till I can start on the next video.

For one final time, here's that now-classic wideshot of the whole park:
wideshot.jpg

(The park is now so big that zooming out far enough to fit it all in means some scenery starts to vanish!)

I could do better ;)

Nah, but in all serious this is a fitting end to one of, if not the best RCT3 parks created. I really can't wait to see what you can rustle up in the future, and I wish you the best of luck with Gruntpuddle and any other projects you create.

Absolutely incredible Diogo, you've outdone yourself yet again!

If only this was a real place eh?

Hard to imagine that not so long ago I first mentioned the idea of a hotel, and look what it's become! :eek:

Even though I'm sitting down here watching this, I'm giving you a standing ovation for this park! ;D

It keeps me awake at night with excitement to think of what you'll be able to do with RCT4, Diogo. :eek: