• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Brit Pop Appreciation Thread

Choose your weapon!

• Blur

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Oasis

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Pulp

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
As much as everyone would like to see a reunion. I just get the feeling that there is some issues that need to be resolved.

Is Noel worried any income earned will go to his now ex wife?

Will Liam want more control over how things are done, now he is the bigger act?

Who would want to even join the band, knowing it's a powder keg?

Is Noel comfortable being in that kind of media attention anymore?

How long would any tour be. Both knowing full well, the longer the tour the more toxic it will get?

I imagine at some point someone will make them both a financial offer they just can't turn down.

Probably just be a load of outdoor shows in Manchester, and maybe selected festival dates around Europe. They'll do a press conference together and assorted interviews beforehand and that'll be it.

Was convinced it would've happened this year for the 30th anniversary of Definitely Maybe, but got the 30th anniversary of What's The Story (Morning Glory) next year. Though they could hold off til the 30th anniversary of Be Here Now, the media frenzy for that release was unreal.

Reactions: Tom
Oasis will come back together eventually based on money, even if it takes another ten years.

What I'd say is, look how bad they were when they split - some things are just best left alone. Huge massive gigs with prices to match, and terrible echoing sound in hell holes like Wembley Stadium, or drowned-out colossal fields where it's like watching a DVD on volume 10/100.

Could still be fun though.