• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Broken Effects

The first time I rode The Smiler, that indoor inversion was brilliant. Dark, full of smoke with a strobe going off. Now it is light and all you see is an embarrassing mess that makes Air's tunnel look well themed. A pity.

:)

The indoor section smoke machine was removed because..... It sets the fire alarms off!

As I have said before, all they need to do is change the affected smoke detectors to heat detectors. to sort the problem.
XP95 /65 range have heat sensors costing between £45 to £60 each.

I was lead to believe that the smoke detectors had been sorted last season, so I just assume they either don't want to smokey, can't be bothered to turn it on, or its broke.

Would make the indoor section so much more better!

As I have said before, all they need to do is change the affected smoke detectors to heat detectors. to sort the problem.
XP95 /65 range have heat sensors costing between £45 to £60 each.

Interesting that this came up as I just had this discussion at work recently, about how its getting harder and harder to find uses for the fog machines sitting in the warehouse. So many venues now have issues with fog machines due to the fire alarms.

I think we should have a ban on fire alarms... and tbh, the technology is pretty sh!t anyway if they can't tell the difference between actual smoke and water vapour. [/rant]

They probably sat in an office and thought oh well market research shows that smoke doesn't make money so lets not bother.

The indoor section with smoke looks amazing on POVs, depressing they cannot be arsed to sort out a cheap fix on their newest signature ride.

It was so disorientating with the smoke, I really did not know whether I was updside down or not. To be totally honest the whole ride looks in such a sorry state for a new signature coaster, it's only 3 years old yet you feel it needs substantial investement to make it more presentable.

It was so disorientating with the smoke, I really did not know whether I was updside down or not. To be totally honest the whole ride looks in such a sorry state for a new signature coaster, it's only 3 years old yet you feel it needs substantial investement to make it more presentable.

Agreed with this, it looks much older than that due to lack of care.

On a more positive note, I was impressed to see that the second green monster (holding a rat) in the grand hall room of Duel is moving again, it's been broken for years so glad to see that it has finally been fixed!

Interesting that this came up as I just had this discussion at work recently, about how its getting harder and harder to find uses for the fog machines sitting in the warehouse. So many venues now have issues with fog machines due to the fire alarms.

I think we should have a ban on fire alarms... and tbh, the technology is pretty sh!t anyway if they can't tell the difference between actual smoke and water vapour. [/rant]

In TV studios, whenever we are using smoke (almost always) we just phone up security and ask them to disable the smoke detectors in that studio for the day. I have to wonder what would happen if we ever had a real fire tbh. :p

There was also an issue with the smoke leaking into baggage hold so I think all in all they gave up on it.

That's still no excuse to have the evac lights constantly on, why not just have the strobes without smoke?

Yes, the ridiculously pointless glass floor that you can't actually see through because of the stupid spots on it and that it's always scuffed up with scratches and mud from shoes.

All the times I've been on The Smiler, I've still not once noticed the glass floor in the shop. They really went all out to draw your attention to it lol.

All the times I've been on The Smiler, I've still not once noticed the glass floor in the shop. They really went all out to draw your attention to it lol.

It is the biggest waste of money ever, you can't even see through it.

I remember everyone loving the sound of it when it was first speculated. It didn't exactly turn out how much of us probably visioned it being a massive glass floor that you could see the trains swooping beneath you.

All we got was a small glass panel that had dots covered all over it anyway so made it utterly pointless.

I remember everyone loving the sound of it when it was first speculated. It didn't exactly turn out how much of us probably visioned it being a massive glass floor that you could see the trains swooping beneath you.

All we got was a small glass panel that had dots covered all over it anyway so made it utterly pointless.
Ah yes, the old "world's first shop with a glass floor in it" or similar. :p

The floor would be fine if it wasn't directly by the exit, thus allowing the sunlight coming in to stop you being able to see through it!

The only time you can vaguely see anything is after dark during scarefest/fireworks when the strobe lights it up.