• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Broken rides!

Saw has stalled a few times on the overbank after the immelman. Its a funny place to stall, but it's probably linked to the smiler incident.

Saw has stalled a few times on the overbank after the immelman. Its a funny place to stall, but it's probably linked to the smiler incident.
Of course it's related to The Smiler ride incident. I've just reported it the The Daily Mirror alongside my story of how my life flashed before my eyes the other day when Air Galactica slowed down a little bit on the lift hill.

It's probably more obvious than ever when rides are now broke or closed because we have lost so many rides over the past couple of years (submission, flume, ripsaw, sub terra, Charlie, driving school, wobble world and hex).

Also I think since the smiler crash it does take longer for rides to re open. A few years back I ride could breakdown and be open within a couple of mins, now you have to wait for techies and managers and another else who has some interest in the ride. They certainly don't want a repeat of the smiler crash.

EtHYkPF.png

I've notice that there has been a lot of ride down time recently. Hopefully they will all be up and running over the next couple of days when I'm visiting.

The Smiler has now gone down also it would seem. Rides seem to have been having a lot more downtime than usual this season.

:)

Maybe they're been extra careful reopening the rides after a minor issue now after The Smiler incident.

We all know Rita isn't the most reliable ride anyway, it's always have issues with downtime.

They're not.

My comment was tongue in cheek :p

It's concerning that Oblivion and Rita has been down for most of the day so far, however the ride time website is only a snap shot of the times every 30mins.

EDIT:

Oblivion and Spinball are both back up and running :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Rita whent down quite a few times yesterday. Rarely for more than 15 minutes. Didn't see smiler close for technical reasons (though it closed for guest illness and the birdstrike - what are the affects of a birdstrike anyway? do they have to check the train to make sure there's no damage?). Nemesis was down for a significant amount of yesterday. Don't think I've ever seen it down an entire day. Normally so reliable, so to see the fences up around the entrance was a shock.

Don't think oblivion went down once yesterday, but somthing I've noticed last few times I've been - oblivion has been single loading, but from 12 until about 3 it has a 45 minute queue, and then is walk on. Anyone explain why it gets so busy because apart from this season, I've never seen it with longer than 15 minute queue?

Maybe they're been extra careful reopening the rides after a minor issue now after The Smiler incident.
I'd buy into that if a mechanical issue had contributed to the incident. Unless, the sign off procedure for reopening has changed/been elongated - that would make sense.

I'm unsure what the issue is but Thirteen appears to have been closed since Saturday.

I'm unsure what the issue is but Thirteen appears to have been closed since Saturday.

It is rumoured from another forum, that this apparently happened during a morning testing (the following copy and pasted from another forum thread)

"I have heard from numerous people that the switch-track after the backwards section failed and sent the train forwards into the tunnel.

This may explain the lengthy downtime if they are awaiting a fix on the mechanism."

"I have heard from numerous people that the switch-track after the backwards section failed and sent the train forwards into the tunnel. This may explain the lengthy downtime if they are awaiting a fix on the mechanism."
I'm not sure that I buy that, that would be a pretty serious control failure, unless it was on manual control.

According to RideTimes, Spinball, Th13teen & Rita are closed.

I personally can imaging that the switching track has failed, but the part of the story that the train was sent back into the tunnel the wrong way probably a white lie to make the story sound more interesting.

I really can't see that the system is built to send a train off if the track has failed to switch.

yes, it was closed when I went on Saturday (2nd July). I was wondering why it was closed. I really don't think the system would send the train back in to the tunnel, because wouldn't the drop track section have already been reset? they don't want another accident!

If true, that's a scary failiure! I would hope that the train at least would not have enough speed to make it as far as the drop track, since as you say, it would have already reset.

.... If true.