• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Broken rides!

It could be a bajillion things. Especially with that ride.

It could be an issue with one particular train - missing a part that is being used in another, etc. Or, it could be down to cycle times and repeated issues during three train ops.

Sometimes it's better to have a ride run consistently(ish) on two, than have it closed more than it is open with three.

Valhalla - doesn't work with 25 boats, barely works with 12, not too bad with 8. Therefore your daily throughput is higher with 8, than it would be with 12. Logic.

Last edited:
Valhalla - doesn't work with 25 boats, barely works with 12, not too bad with 8. Therefore your daily throughput is higher with 8, than it would be with 12. Logic.

Valhalla has got 25 boats?? :eek:

Wow ok. I never knew that.

But lets face it, Blackpool are even worse than Towers are for operating rides poorly.

Blackpool are great at running their rides...as long as there are less than about five thousand people on the park!
I can do all the coasters in about 90 minutes usually, something I struggle to do at the Towers due to the spread of the rides around the park.
I don't do BPB when it is likely to be busy, school weeks in late June and early July are hellish.

I'm confused to whether I'm just lucky when I go to PB, I usually only have a couple of big queues all day and get on everything, on weekends usually as well. 25-50 rides a day :p

Duel looked as though it had broken down yesterday. The entrance seemed closed and crowds of people were coming out from the (I presume) emergency exits and being handed out complimentary priority tickets.

I noticed that too yesterday!! Not good at all, Galactica VR headsets were playing up, Rita was on/off in day as was th13teen. I also believe Stealth and DBGT is broken at Thorpe too!!! poor Merlin. Perhaps maintenance team on holiday??

Rita and Thirteen both closed again today, spooky quiet in the dark forest!
On my last three visits both rides have had long closed spells,
anyone know why things have got so poor reliability wise?
Or is it just more subtle cost saving measures?

When I visited in August reliability was an issue. On the one day Oblivion, The Smiler, Rita and Th13teen all broke down in one morning!

Sometimes these things do happen and there's not a lot that can be done, but it doesn't look very good and puts a damper on your day.

It's not that sometimes these things happen though,
every time I have visited this year, and I have given my one-off season ticket quite a hammering,
there have been repeat closures over large parts of the day.
Pleased to say the dark forest rides are now open again.

I visited in late May and luckily had no ride reliability issues - everything ran well, thankfully.

And if there has been an increase in downtime, I'd say it's more to do with increased safety procedures in light of the crash causing rides experiencing downtime to stay down for longer.

Only downtime I can majorly think of was Nemesis down until 4ish on Fathers Day due to an incident with kickers abroad making it require a check. Other visits nothing major I can think of

Everyday I have been this year thirteen has broken down at least for a while while on other days it has been the whole day, Galactica has had frequent short break downs to most days I've been.

Rita and Thirteen both closed again today, spooky quiet in the dark forest! On my last three visits both rides have had long closed spells, anyone know why things have got so poor reliability wise? Or is it just more subtle cost saving measures?
I would hope even the biggest cynics round here don't think the park are keeping rides closed after a breakdown (or inventing them in the firsts place?), in order to cut costs.

Obviously, given that we've learnt that engineers get bonuses for minimum downtime. If the ride's knocked out of action, they've saved that bonus on top of any running costs! :p

Sarcasm, in case anybody bothers to get bothered.