• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Busch Gardens Tampa: General Discussion

In an interesting move, Busch Gardens Tampa have introduced a year round quick queue pass for $299 valid for every day for 365 days from first use. It is valid for unlimited quick queue access on the following attractions:

-Falcon's Fury
-Cheetah Hunt
-Kumba
-Congo River Rapids
-SheiKra
-Cobra's Curse
-Montu
-Stanley Falls Flume
-Scorpion
-Sand Serpent

This seems to have been taken directly from Six Flags and Cedar Fair, who have introduced similar offerings in recent times. However, with BGT being a 365 day operation, this really is a year round pass!

BGT is due a new ride, 2019 might be the year.

SeaWorld have submitted trade mark applications for the names:

-Twisted Tiger
-Uproar
-Tigris

Rumours are circulating about what these names could mean, but most enthusiasts were pretty excited when seeing the first one. It kinda rings a bell, Twisted Colossus, Twisted Cyclone, Twisted Timbers...Twisted Tiger!?

However, the park have repeatedly said that Gwazi was due to be torn down, whether or not this includes the possibility of an RMC is unclear. Gwazi has been standing there for a good 3 years now, so to keep the structure I would imagine that you would need significant structural work, which I'm not sure SeaWorld are in a position to finance.

The other possibility is the Tidal Wave site, which is actually located fairly close to the park's Tiger habitats. A Premier Rides Sky Rocket II would fit well here, and whilst it would be a clone, it would provide a cheap way to install another thrilling coaster at BGT to add to their already great coaster selection.

The speculation continues, something is definitely happening though......

Same thing was said about The Smiler, Cheetah Hunt, Falcon's Fury, Icon etc. Names grow on you generally.
Agree. I originally really did not like the name Wicker Man when that was the speculated theme, months before it was actually confirmed, but now I think it really suits the ride, I like it.

I really do hope this is RMC Gwazi, but a Sky Rocket II would make sense given SeaWorld's recent investments.

Of the three names, I think Tigris is the best. :)

I reckon this might be an airtime machine of some form. It's the only thing the park really lacks, aside from a modern wooden roller coaster. I reckon a hyper would be a good fit, but I don't know if SEAS would really want to invest in a B&M/Intamin coaster, as they are a bit expensive for the company in their present climate. Even Mack are quite expensive, so that only leaves New Vekoma or possibly Gerstlauer if they were willing to adapt their Infinity Coaster hardware into a hyper-style layout.

A Premier Sky Rocket II sounds like an obvious option, but "triple-launch coaster" is often used to market these attractions, and the park already has Cheetah Hunt to fill this void. Also, BGT gets high guest figures (2016 bought in 4,169,000 guests), so I'm not sure how well a major coaster that achieves 500pph or less would really fit the park. The queues would probably be long! As far as I'm aware, BGT's other large thrill coasters all achieve over 1000pph.

With regards to name, I reckon Tigris is the best. Twisted Tiger, while not a bad name, sounds like a ride that Six Flags or Cedar Fair would build. I suppose Uproar isn't too bad of a name, but Tigris sounds like the most creative. It also sounds pretty similar in style to some of SeaWorld's other coasters. Kind of reminds me a bit of SheiKra, Montu, Verbolten, Griffon, Alpengeist; you get the idea. Well, more so than the other two, anyway.

So, in conclusion, the only thing I'm thinking is that it will probably be called Tigris. I have no idea what it could be.
P.S. Sorry for the long post.
P.P.S. What happened to the B&M Giga rumour @MakoMania?

Try to calm the hype, I don't mean to cause chaos, but.......

There are now lots of new markings on Gwazi's supports.
30708907_1919490308085861_4652005449120350208_n.jpg

Make of that what you will.

I'm not overly sure about this now. I initially thought that Gwazi was going to be demolished in favour of a B&M Giga. Then the trademarks came out, and I wasn't really sure what to think. I certainly didn't think that RMC Gwazi had much chance of happening. But now... I honestly reckon that RMC Gwazi has a genuine possibility of happening. The signs are all there... the supports have been marked, the ride isn't being demolished.

However, one point against RMC Gwazi is that the park said that they were eventually going to get around to demolishing Gwazi. If the park said that, then they will likely demolish Gwazi and build a new ground up ride on the site. On the other hand, remember what Nick Varney said about woodies a couple of years back. It certainly didn't imply that the company had plans on building Wicker Man.

If RMC Gwazi does end up materialising for next year, then it makes me all the more sad that when I enquired with my parents about the possibility of revisiting BGT when we go to Florida in April, their response was a very blunt no, as everyone in my family bar me apparently despised BGT.

Try to calm the hype, I don't mean to cause chaos, but.......

There are now lots of new markings on Gwazi's supports.
30708907_1919490308085861_4652005449120350208_n.jpg

Make of that what you will.

Calling it now, its an enthusiast that climbed the fence and spray painted the supports...:p

Seriously though, it would be good to have a RMC done to Gwazi - although I probably would preferred a Giga coaster like Fury 325 instead.

A bit of a strange post, but one that is worthwhile I think.

There is often much confusion about attraction opening times at Busch Gardens Tampa, so recently I reached out to the park to clarify and they confirmed the following:

The following rides open at 10:00am with the park:
-Cheetah Hunt
-Cobra's Curse
-Montu

The following open at 10:30am:
-Sesame Street Safari of Fun
-SheiKra
-Stanley Falls Flume
-Kumba
-Jungala area attractions
-Ubanga Banga Bumper Cars
-Falcon's Fury, Scorpion and the rest of Pantopia
-Serengeti Express

The following open at 11:00am:
-Congo River Rapids
-Skyride

In addition, all animal habitats including the Edge of Africa area open with the park at 10:00am.

Hits towards an announcement about the new Bier Fest event, but seems a bit early given that the event doesn't start until August 25th.

Could be something more significant.