• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Busch Gardens Tampa: General Discussion

Ooh! RMC Gwazi hype! I'd say that this announcement will probably be for RMC Gwazi coming 2019. The signs are all there; SEAS execs riding Twisted Timbers, markings on the supports, Gwazi not being demolished; it all adds up to RMC Gwazi.

Clash of the Beers. Calling it now. Each side of RMC Gwazi will be named after a beer brand, and the trains will be beer can themed! ;)

This does seem to be building up to something significant, which is rather exciting! Are we going to see both Busch parks get major investments in 2019!?

:)

This does seem to be building up to something significant, which is rather exciting! Are we going to see both Busch parks get major investments in 2019!?

Very possible.

I'm 99% sure that SWO & BGT will get significant investments for 2019. (Well, 100% sure for SWO). I'm not sure yet as to whether the third major investment will be in Williamsburg or San Antonio. Whichever park doesn't get it next year should get it in 2020.

This is presuming that the pattern of 3 major investments continues:

2016:
Mako: SWO
Cobra's Curse: BGT
Discovery Point: SWSA

2017:
Ocean Explorer & Orca Encounter: SWSD
InvadR: BGW
Wave Breaker: SWSA

2018:
Electric Eel: SWSD
Infinity Falls: SWO

3rd major investment has been broken down into thirds for Aquatica Orlando, Aquatica San Antonio and Adventure Island Tampa.

We'll see what happens in 2019....

Last edited:
The park have submitted an application to demolish Tidal Wave:

However, all existing buildings on the site will remain.

Last edited:
Oh... this is interesting! This is getting really, really interesting! The plot has thickened a lot over the last couple of weeks! Firstly, a lot of people thought it would be a Sky Rocket II. Then the trademarks came in and everyone was thinking RMC. Then the markings were sighted, which added weight to those rumours. But now... this permit implies that this will not be an RMC unless they're literally just demolishing Tidal Wave and that's it.

So maybe... it will be a ride linking the sites of Gwazi and Tidal Wave. Out-and-back airtime machine anyone? 30th April will be a very interesting day, that's for sure!

Out of interest, what is SWO's 2019 major investment due to be? It doesn't really make commercial sense to give SWO major investments two years in a row, even though it is great for the visitors, of course! Sesame Street isn't due until 2022 according to RCDB.

Very possible.

I'm 99% sure that SWO & BGT will get significant investments for 2019. (Well, 100% sure for SWO). I'm not sure yet as to whether the third major investment will be in Williamsburg or San Antonio. Whichever park doesn't get it next year should get it in 2020.

Ah, it looks like Project Madrid at BGW is most likely to open in 2020 now rather than 2019.

The part about "new beginnings come from old traditions" definitely seems to hint towards RMC Gwazi...

The part about "new beginnings come from old traditions" definitely seems to hint towards RMC Gwazi...
There also used to be a microbrewery at the park under the Anheuser Busch ownership, there are strong rumours of a return of this.

I've seen it suggested more than a few times that Tidal Wave may be making way for a microbrewery and then Gwazi will be RMC'd.

However, if you pushed me to make a prediction at this point, I would still put my money on a Sky Rocket II.

Whatever BGT announce tomorrow, it likely won't be RMC Gwazi.

At this point I would be surprised if it is not a Sky Rocket II. I'm not complaining though, they're really fun rides!

I just hope that Busch Gardens don't just completely troll us all and re-announce their new beer event.

If it probably isn't going to be RMC Gwazi, then my disappointment levels that we're not visiting BGT when we're in Florida in 2019 just dropped by about 98%...

If it probably isn't going to be RMC Gwazi, then my disappointment levels that we're not visiting BGT when we're in Florida in 2019 just dropped by about 98%...
How can you visit Florida and not visit BGT!? It's got one of the best coaster lineups in the world.

The park are doing Facebook Live at 6:35pm UK time for anyone interested.

In other news, Kumba was supposed to go down for maintenance today, but remains open due to an unscheduled closure of Falcon's Fury which requires new ride parts to be shipped from Intamin.

Last edited: