• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Busch Gardens Tampa: General Discussion

I wouldn't say no if they wanted to give a 4D a go, but wing coasters are turning out to be pretty lame. Raptor looks good but that's only because it's well-themed and does more interesting maneuvers than just going upside down (though Swarm's first drop is the highlight of the entire ride).

If these Intamin prefab woodies are as good as the polls and reviews suggest, that would probably be a better option. Failing that, a B&M hyper. Just basically anything about airtime. :p

Screamscape are reporting on further cuts being made at the park:

General Park News - (7/25/13) A couple of small updates to the Busch Gardens Tampa restaurant closures. According to several sources, only the top floor of the Crown Colony Restaurant will close, which was the table service portion. They will keep the lower floor open (Crown Colony Café) which contained the bar and quick service food items like Pizza.
As for the Garden Gate Café… I’ve heard that confirmed by one source, while another says that the restaurant actually closing is the Orang Café in Jungala and not the Garden Gate Café. Anyone know for sure which one is closing, and when?
As for what else the future holds for the park… I hate to say it but even more budget cuts are expected to be on the way very soon. According to this source there is a plan being put into place to shut down the SkyRide for an extended two month closure, likely when things slow down a bit and they want to scale back the budget. I’ve also been told that the closure most have expected to come will happen at the end of the Summer as Rhino Rally will be shut down once again and is not expected to be reopened until next Summer.

:/

Beautiful photo posted on Reddit. Taken from Montu's lift, looking towards SheiKra...

WqANfqM.jpg

BGTFans have another Falcon's Fury update here. Here's one of their photos which shows the work being done preparing the base of the ride ready for the tower:

IMG_9528-1024x767.jpg

Sam said:
Beautiful photo posted on Reddit. Taken from Montu's lift, looking towards SheiKra...

WqANfqM.jpg

Wow that really is a stunning photo! Quite surreal.

:)

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa 2014: drop tower "Falcon's Fury"

Montu.

A joy to ride. And that image...

<3

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa 2014: drop tower &quot;Falcon's Fury&quot;

I really hope that Moser don't built that drop tower. I heard the rumours about the one in Williamsburg...

Interesting concept but I fear for reliability!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa 2014: drop tower &quot;Falcon's Fury&quot;

Joseph said:
Sazzle said:
I really hope that Moser don't built that drop tower. I heard the rumours about the one in Williamsburg...

Interesting concept but I fear for reliability!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

It's an Intamin, take a look here. http://www.intaminworldwide.com/amusement/Towers/Floorless+Tilting+Gyro+Drop/tabid/142/ProductNumber/Floorless+Tilting+Gyro+Drop/language/de-DE/Default.aspx

Just noticed "Floorless Stand-Up" on that page. :p

Screamscape are reporting that Gwazi may have been struck by lightning and it apparently took quite a bit of damage. If this is true, could this be the nail in Gwazi's coffin? We know that Busch want to replace it in the near future.

Little over a year ago the rapids had to be closed after lightning struck part of that and Gwazi was still in full operation. Unlucky, BG! :(

Edit: 08/08/2013 - Busch Gardens have been able to fix and reopen Gwazi! :)

Two updates, one good and one bad. :)

Screamscape said:
2014 - Falcon’s Fury - (9/3/13) A new quick look at the Falcon's Fury drop ride construction site was posted by JohnnyUpsidedown this week. As previously reported, we can expect to see the ground work phase go on for awhile as they need to perform extra work on the site to ensure the long term stability of the drop tower. (They don't want a wobbly tower like the Coney Island Astrotower, right?) I'm told that we will likely not see the hardware for the drop tower start to arrive until after Halloween.

Screamscape said:
Gwazi Status Updates - (9/3/13) According to the latest crazy rumors about Gwazi, I've heard that they only expect to keep Gwazi up and running (or rather the half that is still running) for another couple of seasons before they give up and demolish it. I'm guessing this means that they have a long-term plan in place to build some kind of replacement attraction on or near the site, which means we may not see a new coaster in the park until 2016.
Of course if this means that Gwazi is officially on "life support" until they are ready to replace it, if anything very costly were to come up in the form of maintenance over the next couple of years, we could see the park opt to simply close it down early. So get your last rides in while you can.

Seems a bit of a waste to me, why not just re-track it and have a 'new' coaster on the old supports, with the new Millenium Flyers?

Construction work on Falcon's Fury as posted by the park on Facebook:

1234287_10151845627125239_1244059919_n.jpg

Busch Gardens have finally started taking delivery of the tower:

1379401_10151953989100239_2102757051_n.jpg

Screamscape are reporting that Rhino Rally could be closed for good:

Screamscape said:
(11/14/13) Has Rhino Rally closed for good? While Rhino Rally closed once again at the end of the busy summer season, it was expected that Rhino Rally would reopen once again sometime between Spring Break 2014 and Summer 2014 when the crowds arrived. This may not be the case any longer, as the latest word from Screamscape sources claims that the attraction is now likely closed for good and the immediate area will be used to expand the park’s elephant enclosure to allow for a breeding program.

I think this would be a real shame. I really enjoyed Rhino Rally when I got to do it.

Such a shame! From what I've read it was tamed down after Cheetah Chase opened wasn't it? I thought they may try and bring it back as much as they could to what it used to be like. I rode it in 2005 in it's full program and it was awesome, such a fun ride.

I think it was modified somewhat from 2011 onwards although I am not too sure as to what extent. I went on in 2009, it was a brilliant ride that the whole family could enjoy!

The day they got rid of the water raft element was the day this ride's time was numbered to end sooner rather than later...

A real shame...

There's a little video here regarding the progress so far on Falcon's Fury, just as construction is about to go vertical:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B8IhawwuEQ#ws

And from Busch Gardens Facebook page:

JUST ANNOUNCED!! This spring, along with Falcon's Fury™, Busch Gardens will also unveil its newest land – Pantopia™. This new land will boast elaborately-jeweled theming and feature thrilling rides and attractions, sensational new food and beverage options, exciting entertainment, shopping, a renovated indoor theater and more.

Get an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Pantopia™ and stay tuned for future updates!