• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Busch Gardens Tampa: General Discussion

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa 2014: drop tower "Falcon's Fury"

A Pandora (Avatar) rip-off?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

It doesn't appear to be a rip off of Pandora, simply as if the park are just sparkling up the area with a few repaints and additional fountains. It'll essentially be Timbuktu with more colour.

Falcons-Fury-PANTOPIA-at-Busch-Gardens-Tampa-620x365.jpg

PANTOPIA-at-Busch-Gardens-Tampa-620x411.jpg

PANTOPIA-at-Busch-Gardens-Tampa-2-620x348.jpg

PANTOPIA-at-Busch-Gardens-Tampa-3-487x500.jpg

Images taken from Attractions Magazine.

Falcon's Fury is now the tallest structure at Busch Gardens Tampa after the eight and penultimate section was installed yesterday. It now stands at 300ft with one final 35ft segment remaining to be installed.

asgtUNn.png

More images can be found here.

Danny said:
It now stands at 300ft with one final 335ft segment remaining to be installed.

a 635ft drop tower! That will truly be something to behold ;)

The 68 ton counterweight that will occupy the interior of the tower is currently being installed.

1618583_10152148542070239_502014374_n.jpg

Gosh. This is pretty insane. When I went to Busch Gardens in September it was deserted, all the Orlando parks were pretty packed, it really didn't feel like Busch Gardens was doing well, felt like quite a ghost town actually. So it does surprise me that they can afford to do something like this. I also wonder if it will get many more people in. Based on how empty it was in September I do actually wonder why they're open 365 days a year.

Bush gardens are doing well and attract between 4-5m per year. They certainly could afford a ride like this. I have been on week day a couple of times in October and hasn't been busy. However it's often a different story at weekends in Sept and oct and certainly very different during Easter and summer. I went to knotts Berry Farm in oct and that was even quieter with many rides running with as few as 4 people on them.

It's rumoured a b&m hyper will be added on next few years as well.

Enter Valhalla said:
Now that would be worth it! However I really hope it doesn't replace Gwazi, sadly I think Gwazi's days are numbered :(

That would be because Gwazi is awful! Everything it pointing towards Gwazi leaving sooner rather than later. Some form of airtime machine would really complement their current coaster line up.

:)

I like Gwazi and I think that it's important for a park with such a wide range of coasters to have at least one wooden one.

If it closed it was also mean there are no woodies in Florida (apart from the kiddie hybrid at Funspot) which would be a real shame since it's meant to be the entertainment capital of the world.

I think 99% of people would rather a B&M hyper at BGT than Gwazi. It's so rough and unreliable nowadays that it's almost a nobrainer.

Enter Valhalla said:
So you doon't think there should be a wooden coaster in the whole of Florida? ::)

He didn't say that. What he meant was that, although it would be nice to keep the wooden coaster, it's so rough and unreliable now that it would be better off being replaced with something that would appeal to the public, such as a B&M Hyper.

Either a new woodie or a B&M Hyper would suit me fine as they both would fit in the park's line up.

Enter Valhalla said:
So you doon't think there should be a wooden coaster in the whole of Florida? ::)

Gwazi is very rough (it made me feeling really sick, something coasters never normally do to me) and probably costs a fortune to maintain (SeaWorld P&E don't have fortunes to spend) so they really would be better off replacing it. Whether that be with a new woodie or a steel coaster I do not know, but you have to feel that Gwazi's time has come.

As for wooden coasters in Florida, White Lightning at Fun Spot looks like good fun. There is no reason why Florida has to have a major wooden coaster.

:)

Andrew said:
Enter Valhalla said:

He didn't say that. What he meant was that, although it would be nice to keep the wooden coaster, it's so rough and unreliable now that it would be better off being replaced with something that would appeal to the public, such as a B&M Hyper.

Either a new woodie or a B&M Hyper would suit me fine as they both would fit in the park's line up.

This!

There's no room for sentimentality when Gwazi is an awful awful ride.

What's wrong with the wooden coaster at Legoland?

+1 for Gwazi is terribad... And I haven't even ridden it for years...

Went on Gwazi in October on my first visit and wanted to add to my count.

Horrendous!

Came off with a headache, I'm glad I've done it but wouldn't bother again.