• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg: General Discussion

Screamscape are reporting that InvadR may well use Gwazi's old Millennium Flyer trains as well lift hill motors and breaks. I suppose this could help to save a reasonable amount of money; ever since Gwazi closed there have always been thoughts that the trains may get used by BGW.

:)

It's a good idea, according to Screamscape wood from Gwazi has been used all over the two Florida parks. Fencing and theming etc.

I wouldn't go that far. It seems to be a rather "family" layout, which in itself is not a bad thing. Certainly nothing to get excited about though.

I think Busch are a bit tight for space as well. I think it looks like it'll be a great family ride, but nothing spectacular.

I think talk of RMC hasn't helped the reception of this ride, but I think it looks pretty cute. They've managed to fit it in a nice spot at the back of the park which wasn't being used so nothings being removed for it. In the end it's pretty inoffensive. It's never going to be a world beater but it also looks like a good laugh and helps to round out the family ride selection at the park. Verbolten and now InvadR now seem to have filled the gap in the lineup that BBW left.

Nothing special but it never was going to be and was never intended to be. It is what it is, a fun little family coaster that strengthens the line up. It looks fun, it's fine.

I think it's a great coaster to compliment Verboltan. It's another coaster for people to ride if they are not quite ready for the big B&M's.
I'm sure they will do a cracking job of theming this and it will fit perfectly.

Also looks if there could be some nice pops of airtime too, I just hope it's maintained better than Gwazi ever was.

GCI have moved on massively as a company since Gwazi, which was essentially overambitious for it's time. It's cool that the park can salvage some of the hardware, but this will be on another level of quality as far as the feel of the ride is concerned.

Agreed after riding White Lightning I was very impressed. For a small caster it ticked a lot of boxes and appeals to a large range of guests.

The ride is exceptionally short. Shorter, even, than Joris en de Draak. BGW is a superb theme park, but you do have to say that the standard of installations since the days of the B&M's (and even Verbolten, which is a masterclass of family coaster delivery) seems to have dropped. GCI are a stellar company, but for them - this doesn't look anything special.

Although InvadR will use Gwazi's old trains, here is some artwork to show what they will look like:

CtT6vRmWEAEwYuq.jpg

They're certainly different...!

I'd imagine the lack of interest in this on here is a sign of the lack of interest the rest of the world will show when Towers are building SW8. None the less, here is a construction update as of the end of November from BGWFans:

IMG_9805.jpg

IMG_9801.jpg

IMG_9812-1.jpg

I think the lack of interest is a bit harsh, I think it's more of what could have been. Both parks could offer world class/world beating wooden coasters. But they have both gone for the safe option, possibly to test the water for better things to come.

I noticed in Florida that Busch Gardens Tampa was getting shafted by the Blackfish incident. After visiting both Busch and Sea World it was clear they were trying to keep Sea World running business as normal, despite no one being there. But Busch was taking the majority of the budget cuts. Almost all rides were on 1 train operation. Vast chunks of the park were closed. Generally not very atmospheric.

I hope that Williamsburg is doing better.

As for this ride it looks good for anyone that visits locally, but it's not something I'd cross the world to see. Hence the lack of interest.

I noticed that it hasn't been posted yet, but the park released an updated POV showing an extra tunnel on the first drop.