• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg: General Discussion

This is unexpected.

I have been hearing that the new Sesame Place theme park that SEAS has been developing ***may*** be in Williamsburg as a sister park to Busch Gardens.

This would also seem to suggest that SeaWorld and Busch Gardens are sticking together.

Stay tuned I guess......

Look what we have here......
29662425_10156183797565539_7275063058036326607_o.png.jpg

Looks like the new park will be taking over the existing Forest of Fun area within Busch Gardens and expanding onto current car parking land.

Hmmm, so basically a much smaller second gate for BGW. Not sure how I feel about that to be honest but it is an interesting one to follow.

:)

I'm not sure either. It looks like an interesting idea, and I reckon it'll be a hit for BGW if it happens!

@Rob bringing things back to project Madrid, BGW is not so much under my radar, is there anything that you have heard (and can say) about the project? How significant of a project are we looking at?

I haven't heard any major swirling rumours, but is Project Madrid the 315ft tall attraction? In which case, the main rumours are either a B&M giga coaster or a Star Flyer.

Coaster Con (no, I didn't realise that it was a thing either) has been taking place at Busch Gardens Willimsburg. Larry Giles has revealed a few interesting bits of information about the park's past during his presentation:

Arrow well and truly messed up with Drachen Fire. A shame that Big Bad Wolf reached the end of its life as well, I would love to have ridden it.

:)

I also find it interesting to hear that B&M didn't initially want the hyper model to have an out and back layout. Wonder what sort of layout they were envisioning?

Ah right. Thanks Diogo! I'd guess so too, actually. Or maybe something akin to the two Giovanola hypers at Six Flags Magic Mountain and Six Flags Over Texas, as I think B&M actually had quite a bit to do with Giovanola:

Walter and Claude worked for Giovanola who in turn built rides for Intamin back in the day when most ride manufacturers commissioned other companies to build their rides hence why Shockwave has box track.

They then decided to go it alone and created B&M. Doubt they had much to do with Giovanolas later coasters

Arrow well and truly messed up with Drachen Fire. A shame that Big Bad Wolf reached the end of its life as well, I would love to have ridden it.
They messed it up but they were messing up their own invention! It's not like they didn't have form for doing so! I only say that to distinguish between then and bad mistakes that companies make now.

A lot of parallels between Alton and BGW in terms of how they developed and their current challenges.

Reactions: Rob
BGW is such a great park.

A few questionable changes in recent years but it's still one of the most pleasant parks to visit anywhere in the USA.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BGW has had it easy, BGT has been hit by far the hardest by the Blackfish budget cuts, starting to come back now though. Still like a dreamland in comparison to a Merlin run park though I suppose.