• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Camelot - gone for good?

Danny said:
I'd honestly rather have Merlin buy the place than leave it to rot. It's fallen into such a state that Merlin would have to invest in it if they owned it.

I agree with that. Not at all, or Merlin - the answer is Merlin, however that will not be good for the Theme Park industry in this Country as a whole.

But, as you say, rotting and nothing, or Merlin... Merlin.... just lol!

This would be a good acquisition for Parques Reunidos potentially, with Blackpool Zoo only up the road. :)

Dude that's amazing!!!

Seriously though, the bit I didn't get was Blackpool Zoo lol!

That's the third comment in a row on here now that's had me falling about the place laughing ;D

Rowe said:
It's a deep shame that Camelot never received the love and budget it needed to stand on its own metaphorical feet. You could tell there was potential upon stepping into the park, Knightmare being the highlight rollercoaster, but nobody was willing to bite the bullet and invest! Such a pity.

A solitary upload in honour of Camelot.

That video made me all nostalgic for Camelot. I used to go there loads as a kid. In primary school, it would be the end of year trip we'd all look forward to, especially as the park would always be deserted so we never had to queue for anything. Most of the time they'd even let us just stay on, especially on Excalibur.

It's quite sad if its indeed closing. But I've heard of Camelot closing so many times in the past.

Such a shame, I believe Camelot was the first proper "theme" park I ever visited as a kid - I vividly recall riding the Caterpillar rollercoaster as much as I remember the Antelope at Gulliver's. Such a shame that it might be closing up for good, but to be fair the park lacked investment and wasn't ideally placed being right between Alton, Drayton and BPB. If it had been in the South West or the South East then this probably wouldn't have happened.

*cue scared Keanu "What if Knightmare is just SW7 in another colour here*

Never been myself, but most of the rides look fairground quality and a park with one theme in my opinion can't be done right unless it has a IP with it anyway. How old was the coaster when it arrived? As in this day and age I could only see seaside resorts or very small parks wanting to take on a 5+ year old ride. Something new would be more worthwile unless they market the ride as "from Camelot" but I doubt that'd be allowed.

I think it was the first park I ever went to. However, as long as Knightmare is saved, the rest can burn for all I care.

Stelios said:
*cue scared Keanu "What if Knightmare is just SW7 in another colour here*
I would not say no to this.

Knightmare needs to go to LWV to compete with the arrogance of Yorkshire aka FL. You can hide behind your holiday village for so long but LWV have there's coming and their staff eclipse FL.

It's just unfortunate that LWV don't have the rides to stack up against FL.

I really hope they get it!

Another post stating that Knightmare was the only thing of value in that hole of a park (although the shows were good as well)...

I'm not surprised it's been threatening closure since the last decade... Such an awful park... It has some potential but required such a high level of investment there was no hope of the owners doing anything with it...

Meh, as long as SOMEONE gets Knightmare in the UK, I couldn't care less...

I think it's unlikely to end up at Lightwater Valley. They have had the opportunity to buy Twist & Shout from Loudon Castle and chose not to. I'm not sure I can see them going for something even more expensive to buy and operate.

The key might be that Camelot don't own Knightmare, they lease it.

I was under the impression Bembom were looking to sell all the rides on the Loudoun Castle site to raise funds for the site's regeneration?

WillPS said:
The key might be that Camelot don't own Knightmare, they lease it.

I was under the impression Bembom were looking to sell all the rides on the Loudoun Castle site to raise funds for the site's regeneration?

Isn't Knightmare bound for South America or Europe?

This is very sad, I hate seeing parks close. I can only imagine how long till we see the housing development proposals go in.

From what i have seen on other forums, Pleasurewood hills maybe interested in buying a ride or two?

Please let us see both coasters bought and refurbished!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Never been to Camelot before but it's sad to see it close but it's looking the same for most theme park, like towers not getting crowds in for fireworks