• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Canada's Wonderland: General Discussion

I’m loving the look of the layout. And I’m hating that it’s going to have vest restraints that will just totally ruin what would be a great ride experience!

Riding Griffon again reminded me how good these coasters can be. Valravn offends me!

:)

Interesting b&m seem to really be pushing the dive coaster model atm
I'm not sure it's that as much as it is that larger parks in the market for a new coaster typically don't already have something along those lines.

I’m loving the look of the layout. And I’m hating that it’s going to have vest restraints that will just totally ruin what would be a great ride experience!

Riding Griffon again reminded me how good these coasters can be. Valravn offends me!

:)

I’m not sure it will
I'm not sure it's that as much as it is that larger parks in the market for a new coaster typically don't already have something along those lines.

Highly likely

It's weird that it's 20 years since the first one and they're now at their most popular. I know Towers apparently had exclusive rights (Except that weird clone) until the first two American ones but even after that it took a while for them to start popping up constantly. Not complaining about that at all though, especially as we're now seeing more varied layouts.

Bump!

Needless to say that there has been lots of progress on Yukon Striker since the last update, and it has now completed its first test run:

Obviously not holding before the drop yet so not a true representation of pace.

Canada's Wonderland have released a Yukon Striker POV:

It's long which is great however I just cannot get at all excited for it.

Loooooooooooksssssss aaaaaaaaaa bbbbbiiiiiittttttt ssssssllllllloooooooowwwwwww.......

Reactions: Rob
I really hope that's just new ride testing slowness and it speeds up when it settles in, or its going to be forceless :(

It's a 245ft vertical drop, no way will it be forceless!

Not sure why it's taken this long for a dive machine to have a vertical loop tbh.

Dive Machines are still brilliant at giving you that gut wrenching feeling just because of the nature of the drop. Must have rode Blivvy in triple digit figures now or close to and it's still gets me a little.

B&M coasters are always a good investment. Fun, smooth and reliable.

The colour of this is exactly the same as one of the original dive coasters in No Limits 2 roller-coaster simulator. Coincidence?

Can't wait for:

"Yukon Striker is currently not available because our ott backage system is playing up"