• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Canada's Wonderland: General Discussion

Sorry to bump this thread, but the park has now filed for a new roller coaster to open in either 2019 or 2020. The ride will be on or near the former SkyRider (Togo standup) site and will have a tunnel within a lake, along with some low-to-the-ground sections over the water. Here's a Screamscape link:http://www.screamscape.com/html/canada-s_wonderland.htm
We don't currently know what this is going to be, but past rumours would indicate a B&M invert named Ziz.

Or the two might just sort of exist together. La Ronde has both a B&M and an SLC, even though they are admittedly owned by Six Flags.

Here's an interesting bit of trivia I spotted the other day,

Just like Carowind now in 2011 Canada's Wonderland shocked everyone by following up there 2008 B&M Hyper (Behemoth) with a B&M Giga coaster (Leviathan). One coaster supposedly trumping the last. But as Diogo has since shown this is not the case and the coasters ride very differently.
However the clue was always in the name. Both Behemoth and Leviathan appear together In Hebrew mythology. Behemoth the powerful land monster (perhaps symbolised by the heavy air-time and its dominant position against a lake) and Leviathan the sea beast (the faster and more graceful of both rides).

Just goes to show that a fair bit of thought went into naming these rides.

There is a third beast, Ziz, the air-monster, thought to be a Griffon. I wonder if we'll ever see this third beast appear ;)
(although the name will probably be changed to something more striking).

Maybe this will be "Ziz"?

Or the two might just sort of exist together. La Ronde has both a B&M and an SLC, even though they are admittedly owned by Six Flags.
I don't understand why this has ever been a point of discussion among enthusiasts, so many parks have two or some sitdown coasters, why is it odd that they have two inverted rides?

Seconded. I remember years ago speculating if Alton would get a second launch Coaster, but nearly everyone agreed that because Rita existed it wouldn’t happen. Doesn’t stop a park like Cedar Point having Top Thrill Dragster and Maverick, and they are two completely different ride experiences.

I don't understand why this has ever been a point of discussion among enthusiasts, so many parks have two or some sitdown coasters, why is it odd that they have two inverted rides?
I never said it was odd. I more meant that that's what Canada's Wonderland is likely to do.

As you can see from this video, track has now been sighted at Canada's Wonderland! More specifically, B&M track! A lot of people seem to be thinking that it's for a Dive Coaster, but I don't personally think so. What do you guys think?
P.S. Sorry for double posting!

Reactions: Rob
That looks like sections of Arrow suspended track tucked in the corner. I hope they are not trashing Vortex to build this!

As for the Beemer track, it could still be inverted, but that might be the lift hill, which tends to have a thicker spine than regular track. A dive coaster wouldn't add much to a park that already has Leviathan.

That looks like sections of Arrow suspended track tucked in the corner. I hope they are not trashing Vortex to build this!
Vortex is staying firmly put! They're only removing bits of it for construction purposes!

Hopefully it's an inverted and I take it it's gonna go on the green space right in front of Vortex?

That track looks very bulky. It is most likely a dive, their track gauge is larger than the other B&M models.

Oooh interesting, a somewhat strange time for new coaster track to turn up as this would be for a 2019 coaster.

It does look like Dive Coaster track to me, although the park does already have a B&M Hyper and Giga, and it is relatively close to Cedar Point who have Valravn (albeit across the border).

Looking forward to see what materialises.

EDIT:

I've had a look in to this, and did not realise that ground preperations were well under way:

thumb_screenshot__281_.png

thumb_screenshot__294_.png

Source

:)

Last edited:
It does look like Dive Coaster track to me, although the park does already have a B&M Hyper and Giga, and it is relatively close to Cedar Point who have Valravn (albeit across the border).
They're about seven hours apart in normal traffic, the markets don't really overlap because much of their shared market is Lake Erie itself and also so few Americans are willing to cross the border. Kings Island & Cedar Point overlap to an extent, I guess.

Could well be a dive machine, that track almost looks superimposed, what odd placement...

Reactions: Rob