• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Canada's Wonderland: General Discussion

Sorry for the thread bump, but Amusement Insiders has just been at Canada’s Wonderland, and apparently there are a lot of numbered markings spanning a fairly large area (White Water Canyon and Action Theatre, if anyone's been):

As he says in the video, markings of course don’t mean for sure that a coaster is coming, but they are a fairly good sign. So my question to you is; what are your thoughts? Could this be a coaster for 2023, or is it for something more mundane, like utility work?

I hope I might actually be onto something here, and this isn’t like the mistake I made about Knott’s the other day…

Cedar Fair is making a lot of announcements today, as Canada’s Wonderland has announced two new rides for 2023!

The first is Snoopy’s Racing Railway, a family launch coaster with a top speed of 50km/h (~31.1mph). It is thought to be an ART Engineering Family Launch Coaster similar to Fridolin’s verrückter Zauberexpress at Fantasiana in Austria (https://rcdb.com/19040.htm), but this has not been confirmed.

The second is Tundra Twister, which is thought to be the world’s first Mondial Avalanche:

Should be nice additions to the park!

Canada's Wonderland is now the only Cedar Fair park without a chaperone policy.

That's because those Canadians are so much nicer folk, ay (see spoiler). It will be interesting to see how this impacts the rest of the chain - it feels weird, but maybe after a while it won't be ... I guess that not implementing this at Canada's Wonderland will help give them a comparator.

This is the wording for the Carowinds policy:

Under this policy, all guests ages 15 years old or younger must be accompanied by a chaperone who is at least 21 years old in order to be admitted to, or remain in, the park after 4:00 p.m. local time to close. The chaperone must present a valid government-issued photo identification with date of birth at ticket entry. One (1) chaperone may accompany no more than ten (10) guests ages 15 or younger per day. In addition, the chaperone must accompany their party during entry, remain inside the park during their visit, and be available by phone throughout their stay. Guests ages 15 years old or younger who are found inside the park unaccompanied by a chaperone will be subject to ejection. This chaperone requirement applies to all Carowinds ticket and season passholders.

As a kid I spent days & weeks wandering around the Thompson parks on my own from 10 or so onwards. I suspect that wouldn't happen now, even if it was allowed.

Black bear breaks into vehicle, guzzles 69 cans of pop​

Sharon Rosel watched from balcony in Earls Cove, B.C. as bear devoured can after can, but stopped at diet soda

Rosel said she had 72 cans of soda in total in the car, and the bear drank 69.

She said she tried throwing cold water on the bear from her balcony but to no avail. She then tried reasoning with him, explaining she needed her car to get to work the next morning.

"Then I tried psyching him out by telling him I was a bear hunter. That didn't do anything either, so I had to stand by and just watch him devour my car," said Rosel.

Canadians are indeed a much nicer people than Americans. Obviously you get good and bad eggs everywhere but Canada is a much friendlier place and much more respectful and tolerant of other people's views and beliefs from my experience over there.

It's like two or three flat rides in one.

Not sure my stomach would appreciate it but I'd give it a go for sure to find out.