• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Carowinds: General Discussion

It seems that there is a new teal with neon yellow spine outside the factory.

Over on TPR people have said these colours match the media invites. Cedar fairs does has a thing for teal track so this might be the first sightings of the track for this coater. I feel that the mixed colour choice seems to fit the paranormal teasers they are doing.

At the moment I can't tell if this is giga track as it's only station/brake track.

qejeqedu.jpg

Last edited:
Hard to tell what type of track that is however it does have a thick spine so it could well be for this. Regardless, B&M must be making a killing with the amount of new coasters they're building for 2015!

:)

B&M seem to do loads one year and not the next. It's like 2012 again.

So the annoucement for this coaster is due tomorrow yet we have some potentially exciting news today! Last week Carowinds purposely leaked a Centurian logo onto their website (in a hidden location) to mess slightly with fans. This is similar to what Kings Island did last year with Banshee where they had a fake web page for The Bat.

Anyway a Fury 325 logo has now been found hidden on the Carowinds website, and can be seen below:

db_ca_fury325_rotator1.jpg

It does look like this will be the final name and logo for the ride which I am personally pleased about purely as it seems to confirm that the coaster will be a massive 325ft tall!

Track is now also on site and it is indeed the two-toned dark teal and lime green track (this seems to fit the Fury 325 logo also):

Bvb6cQoCQAAgPq6.jpg:large

It appears that it will have white supports. All shall be revealed tomorrow though!

Can't believe it's not been posted yet, but Fury 325 has been announced!

325ft tall, around 95mph, 81 degree drop 6,602ft of track; all in all it's pretty epic!

Looks pretty good to me. Considering that the park already has Intimidator which is basically airtime hill after airtime hill this looks sufficiently different. The sheer speed is going to be incredible. The theme is a bit naff but I don't really care with a coaster like this. Cedar Fair's rides are about the hardware rather than the themes.

Finally, some renderings:

fury_layout_zoom.jpg

Fury01_FuryMidway300dpi.png

Fury12_revised.png

Fury05_revised.png

More can be seen on the Fury 325 minisite.

Just a few quick facts about the ride from Carowinds connection.

•First piece of steel is scheduled to go up the 29th of this month.

•They are ahead of schedule and are looking to accelerate construction wherever they can.

•They are starting from the break run area and working their way around the ride.

•The transfer track after the station doesn't count as a block.

•The lift hill alone is going to be 63 seconds to the top.

•One magnetic trim will be in the layout itself, not specified where.

•The footers are up to 22 feet and deeper in some places.

•It will have seat belts that are the same as Intimidator.

•You board on the side closer to the park, and exit towards Hurler.

•Its going to take 2 cranes to assemble the massive crane for the lift hill.

•They said that there are some things missing and different from the animations, specifically the bridge will look different from the animation.

•When the north gate is closed they will use the south gate and a temporary north gate through the picnic shelters.

Reactions: Ted
There is no way this will beat Shambhala. Sure, it's got the big drop and the speed - but given that, only two airtime hills is pathetic. Airtime is what hypers/giga's were made for (launches excepted), the reason why so many people dislike Millenium Force for example is the lack of airtime. You'd have thought they would have learnt from that.

There is no way this will beat Shambhala. Sure, it's got the big drop and the speed - but given that, only two airtime hills is pathetic. Airtime is what hypers/giga's were made for (launches excepted), the reason why so many people dislike Millenium Force for example is the lack of airtime. You'd have thought they would have learnt from that.

Never been on one but that makes sense, so they're like the giant steel equivalent of a woodie?

They already have Intimidator though which is literally airtime hill after airtime hill. It would have been silly to install what you effectively just be a bigger version of that. Fury 325 has more of a focus on speed and transitions rather than airtime, although there will obviously be some airtime as well.

I305 at Kings Dominion does not have many airtime hills yet it is bloody brilliant!

For a comparison, Behemoth at Canada's Wonderland is airtime frenzy, where as Leviathan is all about speed. If Fury 325 was about airtime, not a lot would bother with Intimidator.

They already have Intimidator though which is literally airtime hill after airtime hill. It would have been silly to install what you effectively just be a bigger version of that. Fury 325 has more of a focus on speed and transitions rather than airtime, although there will obviously be some airtime as well.

I305 at Kings Dominion does not have many airtime hills yet it is bloody brilliant!

I count 4 airtime hills on Intimidator 305, plus it has the insane G's on the first turn after the drop and the crazy Intamin blitz style slalom sections. Fury is a lot higher off the ground and has a lot more high banked turns which offer absolutely nothing - as I experienced on Expedition GeForce.

I count 4 airtime hills on Intimidator 305, plus it has the insane G's on the first turn after the drop and the crazy Intamin blitz style slalom sections. Fury is a lot higher off the ground and has a lot more high banked turns which offer absolutely nothing - as I experienced on Expedition GeForce.

My point was that there is no point having Fury 325 as simply an airtime machine when the park already has Intimidator. It would make Intimidator redundant. And you can't say for sure hown Fury 325 will ride before it is even built, never mind before having ridden it!

I don't think Fury 325 will be as good as I305 (which is my number 5 ranked coaster currently) but it probably will have a similar amount of airtime, maybe more floater though.

The first piece of track is now in place! Photos from TPR:

thumb_2015_construction_first_track_010.jpg

thumb_byynca9ceaasxck.jpg

The colours really are lovely!

Reactions: Dar
A new photo from Carowinds Facebook page:

10253936_10152791268998599_1298995293636562461_n.jpg

None of the 'exiciting' sections have been built yet but the more I see the colour scheme the more I love it!

The colours are really nice. Same on Leviathan as well so Cedar Fair have a good taste :p

Now if only we got that kind of variety in this country.